Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 00:56:01 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

I generally drive at the legal limit, using cruise control. This means
that my longer journeys take 16 hours of driving. If I drove at 56 mph
it would add eight hours to my driving time.

Your ability to do maths is a bit suspect.

I suspect yours is:

16 hrs @ 70mph = 1120 miles

1120 miles @ 56 mph is 20 hrs.

20 - 16 = 4 extra hours.

That would depend where you were driving to. The motorway speed limits are
higher in France and Italy than in the UK.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 00:56:01 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

I generally drive at the legal limit, using cruise control. This means
that my longer journeys take 16 hours of driving. If I drove at 56 mph
it would add eight hours to my driving time.

Your ability to do maths is a bit suspect.

I suspect yours is:

16 hrs @ 70mph = 1120 miles

1120 miles @ 56 mph is 20 hrs.

20 - 16 = 4 extra hours.

That would depend where you were driving to. The motorway speed limits are
higher in France and Italy than in the UK.

Is the right answer, I drive at the legal limits of 130/150 kph.

Nice to see someone jumping in without giving it a second's thought
though.

OT Cheeky Bastard ARWadsworth UK diy 32 June 13th 10 01:02 PM
Cheeky beggers Jim S UK diy 29 January 14th 09 02:50 PM
Cheeky Git! The Medway Handyman UK diy 111 November 26th 06 03:56 PM
dirty bastard [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 3rd 06 10:26 PM
Cheap bastard [email protected] UK diy 22 March 15th 06 09:09 AM