Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Making a metal cap for a wooden post

I've an idea to create a memorial post for a departed friend which would
consist of a domed metal cap on a 4"x4" post.

I had originally though of making the cap of lead but a quick google suggest
that lead "burning" is well beyond my skills & equipment levels so I
wondered if either I can work the lead "panel beater style" to cover the top
and extend down the sides for a few inches or whether I should consider a
different metal like an aluminium alloy.

Of course I could just contract the work out to someone to do properly but
I'd like to have a go myself.

Any suggestions?

Tim