Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill bits for power screwdriver

I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

TIA

Keith
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 June, 09:10, Keefiedee wrote:
I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

TIA

Keith

Search Ebay for this "drill hex"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 9, 9:10*am, Keefiedee wrote:
I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

TIA

Keith

B&Q sell two different sets of three sizes.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 9, 9:10*am, Keefiedee wrote:
I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

TIA

Keith

What brands to look for? Many seem to be sh-te quality, with the bits
just glued into the hex bit, so it soon spins.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NT" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 9:10 am, Keefiedee wrote:
I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

What brands to look for? Many seem to be sh-te quality, with the bits
just glued into the hex bit, so it soon spins.

I bought some excellent quality hex shank drill bits from Axminster tools.
The drill bit is held by a collett on the end of the hex stem and is
replaceable.
Axminster sell replacement bits specifically for this purpose in packs of 5.

David Kemper

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 June, 09:10, Keefiedee wrote:

I have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

If you mean drill bits get a reasonably priced set that allows you to
adjust and replace the actual drills. They should have allen head grub
screws for this.

If you mean screwdriver bits, get a box of 20 or 50 PZ 2 bits buy a
well known manufacturer.

You can buy them at £1.30 quid a pop or you can buy them bulk for less
than half that price. Check prices online at Screwfix.

Buying sets means you collect stuff you won't use in the ratio of 4 or
6 to one.

The metals used will not be up to snuff and the end result will be a
lot of wasted time, effort and screws.

Later you will have trouble extracting screws fixed with crappy
screwdriver bits as the slots will be rounded.
Also there are a lot of crappy screws on the market. China and most
Asian suppliers are selling us their communist era hangovers.

There is no such thing as ISO anymore thanks to people like Steve
Ballmer. Learn to live with it and become discerning. Do that or die
ignorant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping spam troll

How much does B&Q pay you for your adverts?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 5:20*am, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How much does B&Q pay you for your adverts?

How many times did your mother drop you on your head as a baby?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 9, 10:34*pm, NT wrote:
On Jun 9, 9:10*am, Keefiedee wrote:

I have a B & D power screwdriver (KC600H).

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements (I assume I
might well have to buy a whole set with drill bits etc. The "diameter"
of the hexagonal spindle across the flats is 7 mm.

TIA

Keith

What brands to look for? Many seem to be sh-te quality, with the bits
just glued into the hex bit, so it soon spins.

NT

I haven't looked closely, but I'm sure the Bosch ones that came with
my drill/driver were one piece. Similarly, the replacements from a
well know high street shed.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 June, 09:10, Keefiedee wrote:

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements

Local hardware shop.

These things are incredibly common. They're cheap (good or bad
quality) and the quality is either uniformly adequate, if a bit low,
or else excellent (Wiha, Wera, etc). So you'll find them anywhere,
there's not much difference between them, and convenience in getting
to the shop probably matters more than the cost of the product itself.

If you do want good ones, Wiha or Wera from Toolstation or Screwfix.
Sets are good, as it's useful to have a range of all sizes and both
Pozi and Phillips head. It's also worth having a manual ratchet
screwdriver that uses them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 11:47*am, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 9 June, 09:10, Keefiedee wrote:

I am very pleased with it, but have lost one of the drill bits (which
have a hexagonal spindle to fit the driver) and broken the other.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find replacements

Local hardware shop.

These things are incredibly common. They're cheap (good or bad
quality) and the quality is either uniformly adequate, if a bit low,
or else excellent (Wiha, Wera, etc). So you'll find them anywhere,
there's not much difference between them, and convenience in getting
to the shop probably matters more than the cost of the product itself.

If you do want good ones, Wiha or Wera from Toolstation or Screwfix.
Sets are good, as it's useful to have a range of all sizes and both
Pozi and Phillips head. *

So, what do Pozi and Phillips head drill bits look like?

Do they drill special shape holes that only take those types of
screws?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 8:58*am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Jun 11, 5:20*am, Weatherlawyer wrote:

How much does B&Q pay you for your adverts?

How many times did your mother drop you on your head as a baby?

Don't be silly. I'd have been far too big for her to hold me when she
was that young. And I doubt it was me. Do you have a photo?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 2:56*pm, Tim Watts wrote:

PMT?

Pedant means (screw-driver) tips?