Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Detergents

Apparently www.detergentinfo.com gives an exact list of ingredients if you
enter a barcode. Saw it on a bottle of Tesco own label toilet cleaner

Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it couldn't
find the barcode. Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found it.

Don't know if it only works with own brands or not.

Anyone else like to try (getting funny looks from SWMBO)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 12:58:49 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Apparently www.detergentinfo.com gives an exact list of ingredients if you
enter a barcode. Saw it on a bottle of Tesco own label toilet cleaner

Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it couldn't
find the barcode. Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found it.

Don't know if it only works with own brands or not.

Anyone else like to try (getting funny looks from SWMBO)

I'm not surprised ! How did you know where they were kept ! ;-)

Andy C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Apparently www.detergentinfo.com gives an exact list of ingredients if you
enter a barcode. Saw it on a bottle of Tesco own label toilet cleaner

Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it couldn't
find the barcode. Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found it.

Don't know if it only works with own brands or not.

Anyone else like to try (getting funny looks from SWMBO)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Tried it with Morrisons detergent & it found it ok ie own brand, tried it
with CIF & not found

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 Apr, 15:42, "G8PSZ" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in .. . Apparentlywww.detergentinfo..comgives an exact list of ingredients if you
enter a barcode. *Saw it on a bottle of Tesco own label toilet cleaner

Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it couldn't
find the barcode. *Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found it.

Don't know if it only works with own brands or not.

Anyone else like to try (getting funny looks from SWMBO)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Tried it with Morrisons detergent & it found it ok ie own brand, tried it
with CIF & not found

doing a whois on that domain tells me it is owned by Mcbride PLC, a
quick google brings up
their page with the main heading being 'The clear leader in Private
Label'

links
whois info http://whois.domaintools.com/detergentinfo.com
mcbride website http://www.mcbride.co.uk/

Martin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Warby wrote:
On 4 Apr, 15:42, "G8PSZ" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
.. .
[...]

Looks like they make the stuff for all the supermarkets then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Apparently www.detergentinfo.com gives an exact list of ingredients if you
enter a barcode. Saw it on a bottle of Tesco own label toilet cleaner

Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it couldn't
find the barcode. Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found it.

Don't know if it only works with own brands or not.

Anyone else like to try (getting funny looks from SWMBO)

Waitrose laundry tablets yes (5 000169 789230)
The above formulation is for products manufactured between the following dates
17/12/2009 - Present Day

which as the old and new box have the same barcode dosn't quite answer
my curiosity re why as the old box was 48x35g tablets and the new larger
box is only 48x30g am I getting a new formula or short measure.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 21:04:55 +0100, djc wrote:

Waitrose laundry tablets yes (5 000169 789230)
The above formulation is for products manufactured between the
following dates 17/12/2009 - Present Day

which as the old and new box have the same barcode dosn't quite answer
my curiosity re why as the old box was 48x35g tablets and the new larger
box is only 48x30g am I getting a new formula or short measure.

Any wording relating to a change between the new and old? Just "New"
could relate to the new tablet size. "New Formula" would have to
relate to the formulation of the product.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 12:58:49 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it
couldn't find the barcode. Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found it.

It can't find:

Co-Op Lemon Concentrated Washing Up Liquid 5 000128 579049.
Carex Orginal 5 000101 655579

Not doing very well is it.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Posted to uk.d-i-y

G8PSZ wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

I could have had an old G3 if I had known anyone to teach me Morse.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:49:43 +0100, G8PSZ wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Apr 2010 15:31:53 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:49:43 +0100, G8PSZ wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE
--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:48:03 +0100, Frank Erskine
wrote:

On 5 Apr 2010 15:31:53 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:49:43 +0100, G8PSZ wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , G8PSZ
writes

.. .

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

OMD - invasion of the CBers

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:55:10 +0100, "G8PSZ"
wrote:

.. .

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

I still think of G4s as the new boys... :-)

Mind you, I haven't been active for years.

73 -
--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:
On 5 Apr 2010 15:31:53 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:49:43 +0100, G8PSZ wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp
& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

we oldies are coming out of the cupboard now.

Nice to know, unlike uk.radio.amateur

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp
& all mine since 1978
Beat you!

G8KDU...!
1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

Put a smile on my face and tell me how.

I assume this was the beginning of the CB conversion time. Never held a
CB mike.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp
& all mine since 1978
Beat you!

G8KDU...!
1967 - G3WTE
G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

Sheesh. This is turning into uk.radio.amateur (hope not ...)

73,

G0CNR.

(Yes, me too.)

Better than coming out in another way :-(

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , G8PSZ
writes

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new
kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

OMD - invasion of the CBers

And did they invase.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp
& all mine since 1978
Beat you!

G8KDU...!
1967 - G3WTE
G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

I still think of G4s as the new boys... :-)

Mind you, I haven't been active for years.

Nor have I, since last autumn, got my main ant down on the ground
and got to get it back up soon.

73's

Sort that out :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , G8PSZ
writes

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

1967 - G3WTE

G7ICW. I only wanted it to do Packet on 2m and 70 cms. ;-)

T i m

Of course when us late eights were licenced the G4's where the new
kids on
the block & here in Shrops an 8 was better than a new 4

OMD - invasion of the CBers

And did they invase.

Just take the bait FFS ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Martin Warby wrote:
On 4 Apr, 15:42, "G8PSZ" wrote:
[...]

I don't have any own brand studd to try, but you can find out who owns a
particular bar code by using the search engine here

http://gepir.gs1.org/v31/xx/gtin.aspx?Lang=en-US

The GTIN is 14 digits long, while UK retail barcodes are EAN13, so you
need to add a zero before the bar code.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:21:40 +0100, wrote:

On 5 Apr,
Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:49:43 +0100, G8PSZ wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
G8PSZ wrote:

That's quite an old call sign.

Dave g6khp

& all mine since 1978

Beat you!

G8KDU...!

G8AOE (lapsed)

I know we took the RAE in December 1965, but when did you get your
half-licence?

Do you ever hear from G8AQU? Or Ray Parkinson?

I did get an email from John(nie) in Rhodesia a few years ago, but
nothing lately. Perhaps he's now SK...It does happen now and again to
us OTs.

Do you still have that flagpole/ærial mast from G6TR, which we
manhandled from Seaburn to your QTH?

To keep on topic - er, well... That's it - 'flagpole' sort of rhymes
with 'Teepol'. :-)

--
Frank Erskine