Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to know which cleaners and detergents are SAFE for hi-pressure powerwashers?

Lots of cleaning products (soaps, degreasers, detergents, etc) are made
for power washers, but many, most or all of them state that they should
only be used with *downstream* injectors or pickup hoses - not
*upstream* pickup tubes where they will pass through the high pressure
pump itself.

Some washers mention to not use cleaning products that don't harm
certain types of pressure hoses (I forget the exact term they mention -
somthing like "N-Buta") and I've also read that citrus-based products
are safe (but it's hard to know if a given product is infact
citrus-based).

So I'm wondering if there is any additional info about just what can and
can't be used for a chemical cleaning product for down-stream pickup in
a power washer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Power Wash
wrote:

Lots of cleaning products (soaps, degreasers, detergents, etc) are made
for power washers, but many, most or all of them state that they should
only be used with *downstream* injectors or pickup hoses - not
*upstream* pickup tubes where they will pass through the high pressure
pump itself.

Some washers mention to not use cleaning products that don't harm
certain types of pressure hoses (I forget the exact term they mention -
somthing like "N-Buta") and I've also read that citrus-based products
are safe (but it's hard to know if a given product is infact
citrus-based).

So I'm wondering if there is any additional info about just what can and
can't be used for a chemical cleaning product for down-stream pickup in
a power washer.

Did you mean to say upstream in that last sentence?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Power Wash wrote:

Lots of cleaning products (soaps, degreasers, detergents, etc) are made
for power washers, but many, most or all of them state that they should
only be used with *downstream* injectors or pickup hoses - not
*upstream* pickup tubes where they will pass through the high pressure
pump itself.

Some washers mention to not use cleaning products that don't harm
certain types of pressure hoses (I forget the exact term they mention -
somthing like "N-Buta") and I've also read that citrus-based products
are safe (but it's hard to know if a given product is infact
citrus-based).

So I'm wondering if there is any additional info about just what can and
can't be used for a chemical cleaning product for down-stream pickup in
a power washer.

Spend the $20 on a downstream chemical injector and don't worry about
which chemicals to use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote:

So I'm wondering if there is any additional info about just what
can and can't be used for a chemical cleaning product for up-
stream pickup in a power washer.

Spend the $20 on a downstream chemical injector and don't worry
about which chemicals to use.

A downstream setup is garbage (more lines, cumbersome, etc) and who
wants to do that when your pump has a soap pickup tube built-in?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Power Wash wrote:

"Pete C." wrote:

So I'm wondering if there is any additional info about just what
can and can't be used for a chemical cleaning product for up-
stream pickup in a power washer.

Spend the $20 on a downstream chemical injector and don't worry
about which chemicals to use.

A downstream setup is garbage (more lines, cumbersome, etc) and who
wants to do that when your pump has a soap pickup tube built-in?

Nothing at all cumbersome and no more lines. One simple fitting to add
to the output and you just disconnect the pickup line from the upstream
injector you won't use and hook it to the new downstream injector you
will use.

Wiki: Detergents [email protected] UK diy 35 January 23rd 09 02:34 PM
ACQ Pressure Treated Wood - Safe? Ian - DIY Extraordinaire Woodworking 25 April 22nd 06 12:56 AM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
Puny detergents Another Dave UK diy 61 April 14th 05 09:31 AM
How safe is it to short out pressure switches in central A/C conpressor? [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 25th 03 05:38 PM