Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Detergents

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Martin Warby wrote:
On 4 Apr, 15:42, "G8PSZ" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
.. .
Apparentlywww.detergentinfo.comgives an exact list of ingredients if
you
enter a barcode. Saw it on a bottle of Tesco own label toilet
cleaner
Just tried it with Mr Muscle and a No Nonsense glass cleaner & it
couldn't find the barcode. Tried Tesco washing up liquid & it found
it.
Don't know if it only works with own brands or not.
Anyone else like to try (getting funny looks from SWMBO)
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

doing a whois on that domain tells me it is owned by Mcbride PLC, a
quick google brings up
their page with the main heading being 'The clear leader in Private
Label'

links
whois info http://whois.domaintools.com/detergentinfo.com
mcbride website http://www.mcbride.co.uk/

Looks like they make the stuff for all the supermarkets then.

I don't have any own brand studd to try, but you can find out who owns a
particular bar code by using the search engine here

http://gepir.gs1.org/v31/xx/gtin.aspx?Lang=en-US

The GTIN is 14 digits long, while UK retail barcodes are EAN13, so you
need to add a zero before the bar code.

Colin Bignell