Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q taking the ****!

Men only, I hope:

http://bit.ly/cIETAb
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:36:31 +0100, PeterC
wrote:

Men only, I hope:

http://bit.ly/cIETAb

1 April 2010.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 1, 2:42*pm, Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:36:31 +0100, PeterC

wrote:

Men only, I hope:

What's wrong with girl wee? or is the thought of the female execution
of the task? (Stooped over the compost heap)

And yes, April fools as it is - what a good idea...

(Actually did I read somewhere female urine is not 'right' as blokes
for this purpose)?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Men only, I hope:

What's wrong with girl wee? or is the thought of the female execution of
the task? (Stooped over the compost heap)

The flaw (in this story) would be the lack of a separate collection
facility for just the girls' urine!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PeterC" wrote in message
Men only, I hope:

http://bit.ly/cIETAb
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.date a bit of a giveaway.

However I regularly pee on my compost heap .... good practice.
Started doing this after visiting the Alternative Centre for Technology ...
they had signs asking visitors to do so and explain that it really kicks off
composting

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Rick Hughes" writes:

However I regularly pee on my compost heap .... good practice.
Started doing this after visiting the Alternative Centre for Technology ...
they had signs asking visitors to do so and explain that it really kicks off
composting

A year or so back, one of the recommendations for a good lawn was to
pee into the watering can, fill with water to dilute, and use that to
water the lawn.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Onetap" wrote in message
On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Actually selling it was big business at one time - it was the main way to
make gunpowder.
Bishops pee was much sought after as considered better.

People used to call at houses once a week to collect it ............ I seem
to recall it was boiled down to make saltpeter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Apr, 21:07, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

People used to call at *houses once a week to collect it ............ I seem
to recall it was boiled down to make saltpeter

I think the process was more like composting, there's details on
wikipedia;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassi..._of_production

The saltpetre men could dig up any stable or outbuilding floor for
material and often dug up the earth floors in houses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:54:37 -0700, Onetap wrote:

On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Used to be Watneys Red Barrel (but they diluted it to an almost
homeopathic degree)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Men only, I hope:

What's wrong with girl wee? or is the thought of the female
execution of the task? (Stooped over the compost heap)

The flaw (in this story) would be the lack of a separate collection
facility for just the girls' urine!

The April fool is on them because its actully true.

Urine contains large quantities of nitrogen (mostly as urea), as well
as significant quantities of dissolved phosphates and potassium, the
main macronutrients required by plants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine#Other_uses

---
zaax
Frustration casues accidents: allow faster traffic to overtake.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Men only, I hope:

What's wrong with girl wee? or is the thought of the female execution
of the task? (Stooped over the compost heap)

Well, I'd imagine that if it were true, and this weren't April Fool's day,
the reasoning would be that the men's wee would come from the urinals, where
no poo and paper would be present. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:54:37 -0700, Onetap wrote:

On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Used to be Watneys Red Barrel (but they diluted it to an almost
homeopathic degree)

I am a real fan of real ale and I was sat at the bar when the landlord
was cleaning out his gas pumped beers (he has 9 other hand pumps
dispensing real ale.) The lines had been in cleaner and water and he was
bringing up the beer back to the bar. As he got each one back on line,
he pulled a quarter pint and examined it and placed the drink before
myself and my drinking companion. I took a drink and mentally cringed
and passed on the glass for my companion to taste, who immediately
pulled a face that suggested that he found it very objectionable.

We pulled faces on the following 4 bears and when we picked up our pints
of real ale, the flavour flooded through.

Look out for posters for Hobgoblin, the text says something along the
lines of "What are you afraid of lager boy? Frightened you might taste
something?"

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Men only, I hope:

What's wrong with girl wee? or is the thought of the female execution of
the task? (Stooped over the compost heap)

The flaw (in this story) would be the lack of a separate collection
facility for just the girls' urine!

No, girls urine is considered as hazardous waste because of the oestrogen
from oral contraceptives and HRT

It has to be disposed of under the WEEE regulations.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Apr 2010 21:19:15 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:54:37 -0700, Onetap wrote:

On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Used to be Watneys Red Barrel (but they diluted it to an almost
homeopathic degree)

Also Party Seven - useful on a caravan as a canopy.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:54:37 -0700, Onetap wrote:

On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Used to be Watneys Red Barrel (but they diluted it to an almost
homeopathic degree)

OMG I remember that stuff! And Double Diamond!

What were we like...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

Look out for posters for Hobgoblin, the text says something along the
lines of "What are you afraid of lager boy? Frightened you might taste
something?"

Love it!

That Hobgoblin isn't bad in cans either. Morrisinsons are doing 4 x 500ml
for £3.99 at the moment.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 06:56:18 -0700 (PDT)
Tim wrote:

On Apr 1, 2:42Â*pm, Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:36:31 +0100, PeterC

wrote:

Men only, I hope:

What's wrong with girl wee?

You've never had a bitch that peed on the lawn, obviously.
R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheOldFellow wrote:

You've never had a bitch that peed on the lawn, obviously.
R.

That's just because it's in a small patch.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Onetap" wrote in message
On 1 Apr, 21:07, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

People used to call at houses once a week to collect it ............ I
seem
to recall it was boiled down to make saltpeter

I think the process was more like composting, there's details on
wikipedia;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassi..._of_production

The saltpetre men could dig up any stable or outbuilding floor for
material and often dug up the earth floors in houses.

OK ... agree just read
"Urine has also been used in the manufacture of saltpetre for gunpowder. In
this process, stale urine placed in a container of straw hay is allowed to
sour for many months, after which water is used to wash the resulting
chemical salts from the straw."

So I was right about collection, but not about boiling it :-) ..........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PeterC" wrote in message
On 1 Apr 2010 21:19:15 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:54:37 -0700, Onetap wrote:

On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Used to be Watneys Red Barrel (but they diluted it to an almost
homeopathic degree)

Also Party Seven - useful on a caravan as a canopy.
--

Party 7's .... Red Barrel .... just time warped back to 70's (had years on
ineffective Labour government then as well)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember TheOldFellow
saying something like:

What's wrong with girl wee?

You've never had a bitch that peed on the lawn, obviously.

Drunken slapper?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Rick Hughes" writes:

"Onetap" wrote in message
On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Actually selling it was big business at one time - it was the main way to
make gunpowder.
Bishops pee was much sought after as considered better.

People used to call at houses once a week to collect it ............ I seem
to recall it was boiled down to make saltpeter

Romans collected **** to use to bleach cloathes clean.
Funnily enough, the cleaning was done in large vats by Fullers
(I kid you not).

Once Persil was invented, Fullers had to find some other use
for the contents of the vats.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Apr, 21:26, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Funnily enough, the cleaning was done in large vats by Fullers
(I kid you not).

Once Persil was invented, Fullers had to find some other use
for the contents of the vats.

Fullering was treating woolen clothes with Fullers' Earth (an
absorbent, used in cat litter, oil-spill granules and chemical
warfare) to absorb excess lanolin (I think, next stop Wikipedia). It
was also a dry cleaning method.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:
On 6 Apr, 21:26, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Funnily enough, the cleaning was done in large vats by Fullers
(I kid you not).

Once Persil was invented, Fullers had to find some other use
for the contents of the vats.

Fullering was treating woolen clothes with Fullers' Earth (an
absorbent, used in cat litter, oil-spill granules and chemical
warfare) to absorb excess lanolin (I think, next stop Wikipedia). It
was also a dry cleaning method.

bleaching was done with alum wasn't it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Apr, 21:53, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Onetap wrote:
On 6 Apr, 21:26, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Funnily enough, the cleaning was done in large vats by Fullers
(I kid you not).

Once Persil was invented, Fullers had to find some other use
for the contents of the vats.

Fullering was treating woolen clothes with Fullers' Earth (an
absorbent, used in cat litter, oil-spill granules and chemical
warfare) to absorb excess lanolin (I think, next stop Wikipedia). It
was also a dry cleaning method.

bleaching was done with alum wasn't it?

It was the fixing of the dyes that needed the p*ss.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

On 6 Apr, 21:53, The Natural wrote:

bleaching was done with alum wasn't it?

It was the fixing of the dyes that needed the p*ss.

Usually called a mordant, that's the reason vast chunks of the Yorkshire
cliffs were dug up for Alum for the rag trade.