Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default B&Q taking the ****!

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:54:37 -0700, Onetap wrote:

On 1 Apr, 20:49, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Selling **** is an old idea, many pubs do it.
It's sold under the trade name of Fosters.

Used to be Watneys Red Barrel (but they diluted it to an almost
homeopathic degree)

I am a real fan of real ale and I was sat at the bar when the landlord
was cleaning out his gas pumped beers (he has 9 other hand pumps
dispensing real ale.) The lines had been in cleaner and water and he was
bringing up the beer back to the bar. As he got each one back on line,
he pulled a quarter pint and examined it and placed the drink before
myself and my drinking companion. I took a drink and mentally cringed
and passed on the glass for my companion to taste, who immediately
pulled a face that suggested that he found it very objectionable.

We pulled faces on the following 4 bears and when we picked up our pints
of real ale, the flavour flooded through.

Look out for posters for Hobgoblin, the text says something along the
lines of "What are you afraid of lager boy? Frightened you might taste
something?"

Dave