Posted to sci.lang,alt.religion.kibology,alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y

Default Peter T. Daniels ran out of electrical outlets; states rewiringentire house to be the only feasible solution.

If the circuit breaker is snapped, or the fuse is blown, there is
no need to cut-off the power to the outlet. That step has already
been taken care of.

I got a nasty shock a month ago by assuming that that step had
already been taken care of.

Glad to see you survived. Since a similar experience in my younger
days, I'm happy working on a circuit only if the circuit breaker's in
my pocket.

There is a good rule I learned at Electrical Engineering uni:
While working with live equipment use one hand only. [...]

You missed the point of the rule. It wasn't a safety rule. It was the
undergraduates' natural penchant for one-handed pastimes. (-: