Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Cable and Lead thefts

Whenever I read of a copper cable or pipe theft the report inevitably
headlines the replacement cost - or the cost of the damage and not the
likely much smaller scrap value that the theft may have earned the thieves.

I think this appears to make thefts more attractive to the criminal
fraternity. Having seen the price of a length of copper pipe in B&Q, it
hardly seems worth getting caught stealing it and taking it to a scrap
dealer - and possibly sharing the proceeds.