Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'New' paints at Wickes

Needed some white gloss and, as I'm painting doors inside, prefer low VOC
paint.
About a month or so ago, a WickesDroid told me that the paints at 8% VOC
were being sold off to make room for those complying with EU Regs. - albeit
a year early.
All of the gloss there today was solvent-based at 20 - 25% VOC; the cans
carried a recommendation to use water-based for large internal surfaces.

The 8% satin from Wilko is good (to apply - and seems hard) so I headed
off that way. On the way, called in to Aldi and there was acrylic gloss at
£3.99/li. On one can there was a small, dried blob of the paint on the
outside and I couldn't remove or dent it with my thumb nail, so I bought a
couple of cans.

Anyway, if you want solvent-based paints before they, er, evaporate, Wickes
seems to be the place.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

Actual Metalworking content: 'New' 1916 110HP Rotary mike[_8_] Metalworking 9 November 6th 08 09:39 PM
Scored some 'new' wood Kevin Woodturning 2 June 27th 07 03:01 PM
Low VOC paints Doki UK diy 3 August 17th 06 09:09 PM
O/T: 'New' flats evacuated due to fault in design sPoNiX UK diy 3 January 4th 06 03:55 PM