Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtains - pole or track?

There are some really nice curtain poles around at the moment and,
decoratively speaking, we'd much prefer some sort of ornate metal pole to
the ordinary sort of (Swish?) track for our newly-decorated bedroom.
However, we need blackout curtains as both of us are sensitive to, and woken
up by, the bright light coming in on a morning - ok during the winter months
where it's still dark at 6.30am when our alarm clock goes off, but hellish
in summer when it's light at about 4am!

I'm assuming this means that a pole is ruled out as it'll stand away from
the window more than a track would, therefore allowing more light in around
the edges? Or does anyone know different? Any recommendations from anyone on
minimising light ingress but still looking decoratively good?

TIA,
Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 28, 11:23 am, "Dave" wrote:
There are some really nice curtain poles around at the moment and,
decoratively speaking, we'd much prefer some sort of ornate metal pole to
the ordinary sort of (Swish?) track for our newly-decorated bedroom.
However, we need blackout curtains as both of us are sensitive to, and woken
up by, the bright light coming in on a morning - ok during the winter months
where it's still dark at 6.30am when our alarm clock goes off, but hellish
in summer when it's light at about 4am!

I'm assuming this means that a pole is ruled out as it'll stand away from
the window more than a track would, therefore allowing more light in around
the edges? Or does anyone know different? Any recommendations from anyone on
minimising light ingress but still looking decoratively good?

TIA,
Dave

blackout roller blind set against window? (good for thermal too) works
well for the kids' rooms..

JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
On Feb 28, 11:23 am, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

Hmm.... hadn't thought of roller blinds so thanks for that Jim, we'll give
that a coat of looking at )