Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help regarding title deeds (scotland)

I am sure this is a scam of some sort but thought I would post here for
information.

Basically I am selling my father in laws house and advertised it on a free
site, I have received an email bla bla bla that he is interested
.............................copy of main content below.

Any idea what his scam maybe (or is it genuine) How would he use a copy of
the deeds? For what?
I googled his email addy and it came up with 3 listings against properties
although I couldn`t see his addy in them.

"make an offer higher than its market value and buy it.
can you email me a site plan which are in your title deeds or you can get
from your library.are there any preserved trees/wells/streams,over-hanging
trees from neighbouring properties/land,any main drains on your site,any
restricitve covenants(email me copy of title deeds because i need to make
sure about covenants).are you in a conservation area,greenbelt area.
are you aware of any planning policies which will hinder any extra
dwelling/s.
the deal will not restrict you in being tied until we get planning.you can
still sell it whilst we apply for planning,that's the risk we take.
before we waste each others time we need a copy of your site plan/title
deeds.
all i have to go on is the particulars on the internet of your property.i
cant make a definite decision without a plan
i can then send you a draft agreement once you have done the above and want
to proceed.
i await your reply and site plan/title deeds "

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SS wrote:
[...]

You are better off asking in uk.legal

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Jan, 19:24, "SS" wrote:
[...]

Hasn`t done a lot of research on your particular area, not like he is
after land in a specific area and would be aware of local planning
policies.

are you aware of any planning policies which will hinder any extra
dwelling/s.
the deal will not restrict you in being tied until we get planning.you can
still sell it whilst we apply for planning,that's the risk we take.
before we waste each others time we need a copy of your site plan/title
deeds.
all i have to go on is the particulars on the internet of your property.i
cant make a definite decision without a plan

Think its fairly easy to pull site plan from Meadowbank House,
Registers of Scotland, used a lot to define boundaries, along with
historic maps, aerial photos etc in case of dispute.....

i can then send you a draft agreement once you have done the above and want
to proceed.
i await your reply and site plan/title deeds "

Mebbe genuine and looking for anything described as detached as
possibilty for re-development looking to pay as little as possible and
looking through unconventional means to gain best price.

May also be aware that adverts for property in free ads may be from
unsophisticated vendors acting without rigorous professional advice
behind them, which if there is a scam involved would also make them
more of a target.

Solicitor will not actually need paid until the payment for the
property is cleared , phone round and ask for a quote , some of the
stuffed shirts will fall over at being asked to `quote like a
plumber` , next, the yellow pages is full of them.

Even see a couple , should be happy to tell you about what they can do
for you and why you should instruct them without cost for an intial
consultation.

Even if you are happy to market a property yourself will still need
conveyancing back up and protection from predators....

Cheers
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
On 21 Jan, 19:24, "SS" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the comments guys it kind of gives me a view on it.

I will sell through `proper` channels but have just put on a couple of free
sites for the time being to see what interest there is within the current
market place. I might leave for another month or so before I go `legal`

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:11:44 -0800 (PST) Owain wrote :
Ding-dong! Bells are ringing. He wants to put another house in your
garden. He can apply for *outline* planning permission for that
without being the owner. The reason he wants the site plan is so he
can trace it and use it for his planning application.

If you think it likely this would be successful (suitable access,
plot size, local development plan etc) then you could apply for it
yourself yourself, or even sell off the plot separately.

Yes, but the permission runs with the land, not the applicant. So if
you apply for OPP on a site you don't own and it is granted, you're
now left having to pay an enhanced price. Normal procedure would be to
enter into a contract subject to PP - effectively you are sharing the
risk and reward with the prospective purchaser.

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Owain writes
On 21 Jan, 19:24, "SS" wrote:
"make an offer higher than its market value and buy it.

I don't know why someone would want to buy a property at above market
value without viewing it; even if he has to travel a long way and
wants to eliminate pointless viewings it sounds unnecessary.

Well, it's a common scam with other goods

I just typed "above market value scam" into google and it came up with
plenty of hits

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , SS
writes

He is barking up the wrong tree in any case as it is an end terrace (ex
council) and not a hope in hell of getting permission anyway, apart from
that within land build ratios at best he could build a garage. If he had
taken the postcode and googled he would see the potential for himself which
makes me think there is some sort of scam but cant work it out.
Maybe I should ask for £50 upfront to get him the copy and see how he
responds

Watch out for the suggestion that by sending him anything that you have
instructed him to carry out some sort of work for you for a fee.
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 21, 7:24*pm, "SS" wrote:
I am sure this is a scam of some sort but thought I would post here for
information.

Can't you just send him the Home Information Pack? The information
must be in there surely.

My prediction is that he will be (or pretend to be) a developer and he
will offer you an option. the story will be that he will apply for PP
and if he gets PP he will buy. but essentially this means that you
agree a price now and he can choose, in a year's time, whether to buy
it at that price. he will expect to pay nothing for this option
becuase he "has to bear the cost of the PP application". In reality
he gets a valuable option for nothing. if house prices have risen in
a year he buys at the agreed price, if not he doesn't. he can't
lose.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message
, Owain
writes
On 21 Jan, 19:24, "SS" wrote:
"make an offer higher than its market value and buy it.

I don't know why someone would want to buy a property at above market
value without viewing it; even if he has to travel a long way and
wants to eliminate pointless viewings it sounds unnecessary.

Well, it's a common scam with other goods

I just typed "above market value scam" into google and it came up with
plenty of hits

I just tried this and the only hit which had anything to do with property
scams was this thread.

It certainly doesn't seem to be an obvious or well known 'get rich quick'
scam.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message
,
Owain writes
On 21 Jan, 19:24, "SS" wrote:
"make an offer higher than its market value and buy it.

I don't know why someone would want to buy a property at above market
value without viewing it; even if he has to travel a long way and
wants to eliminate pointless viewings it sounds unnecessary.

Well, it's a common scam with other goods

I just typed "above market value scam" into google and it came up
with plenty of hits

I just tried this and the only hit which had anything to do with
property scams was this thread.

It certainly doesn't seem to be an obvious or well known 'get rich
quick' scam.

Its certainly not unknown in the car trade

--
geoff