Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Help regarding title deeds (scotland)

On Jan 21, 7:24*pm, "SS" wrote:
I am sure this is a scam of some sort but thought I would post here for
information.

Can't you just send him the Home Information Pack? The information
must be in there surely.

My prediction is that he will be (or pretend to be) a developer and he
will offer you an option. the story will be that he will apply for PP
and if he gets PP he will buy. but essentially this means that you
agree a price now and he can choose, in a year's time, whether to buy
it at that price. he will expect to pay nothing for this option
becuase he "has to bear the cost of the PP application". In reality
he gets a valuable option for nothing. if house prices have risen in
a year he buys at the agreed price, if not he doesn't. he can't
lose.

Robert