Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Help regarding title deeds (scotland)

On 21 Jan, 19:24, "SS" wrote:
I am sure this is a scam of some sort but thought I would post here for
information.

Basically I am selling my father in laws house and advertised it on a free
site, I have received an email bla bla bla that he is interested
............................copy of main content below.

Any idea what his scam maybe (or is it genuine) *How would he use a copy of
the deeds? For what?
I googled his email addy and it came up with 3 listings against properties
although I couldn`t see his addy in them.

"make an offer higher than its market value and buy it.
can you email me a site plan which are in your title deeds or you can get
from your library.are there any preserved trees/wells/streams,over-hanging
trees from neighbouring properties/land,any main drains on your site,any
restricitve covenants(email me copy of title deeds because i need to make
sure about covenants).are you in a conservation area,greenbelt area.

Hasn`t done a lot of research on your particular area, not like he is
after land in a specific area and would be aware of local planning
policies.

are you aware of any planning policies which will hinder any extra
dwelling/s.
the deal will not restrict you in being tied until we get planning.you can
still sell it whilst we apply for planning,that's the risk we take.
before we waste each others time we need a copy of your site plan/title
deeds.
all i have to go on is the particulars on the internet of your property.i
cant make a definite decision without a plan

Think its fairly easy to pull site plan from Meadowbank House,
Registers of Scotland, used a lot to define boundaries, along with
historic maps, aerial photos etc in case of dispute.....

i can then send you a draft agreement once you have done the above and want
to proceed.
i await your reply and site plan/title deeds "

Mebbe genuine and looking for anything described as detached as
possibilty for re-development looking to pay as little as possible and
looking through unconventional means to gain best price.

May also be aware that adverts for property in free ads may be from
unsophisticated vendors acting without rigorous professional advice
behind them, which if there is a scam involved would also make them
more of a target.

Solicitor will not actually need paid until the payment for the
property is cleared , phone round and ask for a quote , some of the
stuffed shirts will fall over at being asked to `quote like a
plumber` , next, the yellow pages is full of them.

Even see a couple , should be happy to tell you about what they can do
for you and why you should instruct them without cost for an intial
consultation.

Even if you are happy to market a property yourself will still need
conveyancing back up and protection from predators....

Cheers
Adam