Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ultimate NON D-I-Yer

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

Some would say a paper round is the first, and most important, entry on
your cv.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:47:53 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Perhaps he'll become a government minister.

On second thoughts, you did say a 'proper' job....

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

Yeh, we had that for a while. Big Merc estate.

His mother's stood in the local elections a few times. For the Green
party.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Probably costs more in petrol than he get's paid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
om...
ARWadsworth wrote:
The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

Some would say a paper round is the first, and most important, entry on
your cv.

The lad had better hope that his Mum includes it then when she writes it out
for him.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:47:53 GMT ARWadsworth wrote :
The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

For once a Prius would make a lot of sense .. though a bike would
make even more

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:32:24 +1100, Tony Bryer wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:47:53 GMT ARWadsworth wrote :
The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

For once a Prius would make a lot of sense .. though a bike would
make even more

Shanks's pony was for me! Especially unpleasing on Wednesdays and Thursdays
when all the women's magazines came out. The weight of the bag doubled on
those days. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed now, too heavy!

--
The Wanderer

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information
available.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

I'm guessing that within a couple of months his mother will be doing
the delivery as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

Adam,

Joking aside, that actually says a lot about today's culture of mistrust and
wrapping kids up in cotton wool - and simply an utter and total lack of
common sense on the part of many parents - who seem to think that every
stranger or hole in the pavement is a risk to their offspring - sad really.

And the above scenario probably doesn't do a lot for the boy's self
confidence either.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:
"ARWadsworth" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

Yeh, we had that for a while. Big Merc estate.

His mother's stood in the local elections a few times. For the Green
party.

Are you sure you didn't make that up? :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:12:57 +0000, The Wanderer wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:32:24 +1100, Tony Bryer wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:47:53 GMT ARWadsworth wrote :
The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

For once a Prius would make a lot of sense .. though a bike would make
even more

Shanks's pony was for me! Especially unpleasing on Wednesdays and
Thursdays when all the women's magazines came out. The weight of the bag
doubled on those days. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed now, too heavy!

Mine was up and down several steep hills. But Sundays had to be the worst
- even more so these days.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Wanderer" wrote in message

Shanks's pony was for me! Especially unpleasing on Wednesdays and
Thursdays
when all the women's magazines came out. The weight of the bag doubled on
those days. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed now, too heavy!

In the days of the mid 70's I had a paper round, mornings, evenings and
Sundays. I couldn't wait until the day of the month that Mr Paulson at No.
52 had his 'special' magazine delivered, the strange thing was that this was
the only day of the month I 'needed' to sit down for a rest half way round
on that secluded wall! That was in the days before this type of magazine
was inside a plastic sealed bag as they are now. I was only 13 to 15 at the
time, Oh happy days. I bet the paper boys of today aren't allowed to do
these special deliveries anymore!!

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

I'm guessing that within a couple of months his mother will be doing
the delivery as well.

Well he might need a lie in if he has had a night on the alcopops. Best not
to disturb him.

It will prepare him well for university

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8413658.stm

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"The Wanderer" wrote in message

Shanks's pony was for me! Especially unpleasing on Wednesdays and
Thursdays
when all the women's magazines came out. The weight of the bag doubled on
those days. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed now, too heavy!

In the days of the mid 70's I had a paper round, mornings, evenings and
Sundays. I couldn't wait until the day of the month that Mr Paulson at
No. 52 had his 'special' magazine delivered, the strange thing was that
this was the only day of the month I 'needed' to sit down for a rest half
way round on that secluded wall! That was in the days before this type of
magazine was inside a plastic sealed bag as they are now. I was only 13
to 15 at the time, Oh happy days. I bet the paper boys of today aren't
allowed to do these special deliveries anymore!!

John

That is my monitor covered in beer.

Love it.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth
wibbled on Tuesday 22 December 2009 19:03

wrote:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

I'm guessing that within a couple of months his mother will be doing
the delivery as well.

Well he might need a lie in if he has had a night on the alcopops. Best
not to disturb him.

It will prepare him well for university

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8413658.stm

Adam

*sigh* The whole point of Uni was to escape the parents. And free beer
(effectively).

And shagging or getting your mitts on a decent mainframe (usually, but not
always, mutually exclusive).

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The new paperboy gets driven around his route by his Mum.

And yes he gets back in the car to travel 4 houses.

God help his employer when he gets a proper job

Adam

I'm guessing that within a couple of months his mother will be doing
the delivery as well.

Well he might need a lie in if he has had a night on the alcopops. Best
not to disturb him.

It will prepare him well for university

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8413658.stm

I've never had a parent wanting to sit in on the interview - probably
because I keep the parents separate from the applicants all day! Although
one girl's mother accompanied her to the 'student' information sessions,
to her great embarrassment!

Some years ago, there was a mother who flew from Greece every year and
stayed the whole of the three week exam period by sleeping on the floor
of her son's room - so that she could cook for him.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain
wibbled on Tuesday 22 December 2009 22:47

On 22 Dec, 22:36, Tim W wrote:
*sigh* The whole point of Uni was to escape the parents. And free beer
(effectively).
And shagging or getting your mitts on a decent mainframe (usually, but
not always, mutually exclusive).

We had a VAX which took about 5 mins to deliver a logon prompt.

And that was about as good as it got.

Owain

Ours was pretty snappy (cluster of 8600 and 8550 for 3000 students, limited
to 200 max simultaneous + batch jobs).

until project time at the end of term. Then it was 15 mins to log in.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes

wrote:

[...]

We lived in SE Essex, and when I was offered a place at Imperial College
my mother said "That's nice, you can come home at weekends".

I went to Bristol.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
On 2009-12-23, Peter Twydell wrote:

I went to Bristol.

I didn't go to Bristol specifically because it meant I could live at
home (they had a terrible accommodation problem in the early 70s).

)

I was there in the mid-60s. They sent me an application form for Halls
of Residence, but they were all full, so I had to live in digs.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message

We lived in SE Essex, and when I was offered a place at Imperial College
my mother said "That's nice, you can come home at weekends".

You should have gone to IC.
They only wanted two C grades and told me that I needn't worry anyway.
That was in the days they selected on ability not exam points. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Dec, 22:36, Tim W wrote:

And shagging or getting your mitts on a decent mainframe (usually, but not
always, mutually exclusive).

We had an ICL. It was already shagged.

The ultimate diy PC Vortex2 UK diy 21 March 22nd 09 10:05 AM
The ultimate shower Cameron UK diy 8 May 24th 05 11:31 PM
Ultimate DIY Rod Hewitt UK diy 11 February 21st 05 08:14 PM
The Ultimate Earmuffs Elwood Dowd Woodworking 29 August 8th 04 08:31 PM
The ultimate e-Bay toy RB Woodworking 11 February 19th 04 12:46 AM