Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Query about cooker fitting.

Been a while since I fitted a cooker, and all the ones I've done had a
length of cable coming out of the wall from behind the tiles below the
main cooker switch.

But the house I've been to seems to have the cooker switch, then no
cable, but two 3 pin sockets in the space for the cooker, flush with the
wall and directly above the gas pipe, below the counter level. Not seen
this before, is it normal/new practice?

Also, it looks like it had a range cooker in previously, so to check I
measured the space. space looks to be 88.5cm wide.

All the ranges I've looked at have been 90cm which measure up at arround
89.5cm. Anyone know of a 6 burner dual fual range that is described as a
90cm but measures upto the 88.5com space I need?
--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Elder wrote:
Been a while since I fitted a cooker, and all the ones I've done had a
length of cable coming out of the wall from behind the tiles below the
main cooker switch.

But the house I've been to seems to have the cooker switch, then no
cable, but two 3 pin sockets in the space for the cooker, flush with the
wall and directly above the gas pipe, below the counter level. Not seen
this before, is it normal/new practice?

Also, it looks like it had a range cooker in previously, so to check I
measured the space. space looks to be 88.5cm wide.

All the ranges I've looked at have been 90cm which measure up at arround
89.5cm. Anyone know of a 6 burner dual fual range that is described as a
90cm but measures upto the 88.5com space I need?

There are some dual-fuel cookers at 70cm or 80cm. Check Smeg, John
Lewis, New World, Stoves.

Cooker control unit query John H[_3_] UK diy 2 March 14th 09 11:12 PM
Prestige Aluminium pressure cooker query Nigel Robb UK diy 4 September 15th 08 06:23 PM
Fitting Cooker to MCB DaviesL UK diy 7 May 31st 07 10:19 PM
cooker fitting [email protected] UK diy 0 December 15th 04 09:07 PM
LPG cooker - gas supply query drlurch UK diy 2 July 14th 03 11:58 AM