Default cooker fitting

I have to fit a low level cooker (height of worktop) for my dad. I have
a wall connector (bes p/n 6046)and angled plug in socket (p/n 0621).
When the plug in socket is fully screwed into the wall mouting socket
it does not point downwards. It will end up pointing in some other
direction. I need it to fully screwd in and pointing downwards. How is
this done?
Also the combination of the wall bracket and plug in socket stops the
cooker from fitting back to the wall and leaves a 30mm gap.
I have overcome this buy fitting a fillet of worktop to the back (
http://www.picturehost.co.uk/free.one/cooker.JPG ) but would have
preffered to have it flush up against the wall. Has anybody experienced
this and how is it overcome ?

cooker fitting [email protected] UK diy 0 December 15th 04 09:06 PM
cooker fitting [email protected] UK diy 0 December 14th 04 11:05 PM
Regulations for fitting a Gas cooker. Lee Conway UK diy 3 October 1st 04 12:12 AM
Old hot water tank fitting mike ring UK diy 0 August 18th 03 08:12 PM
Fitted cooker fitting. BigWallop UK diy 2 July 17th 03 07:30 PM