Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker control unit query

It would be very convenient for me to change my 45A cooker control unit for
one with a 13A socket.
Anyone know if this still allowed under the 17th edition?

Thanks,
John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John H" wrote in message
It would be very convenient for me to change my 45A cooker control unit
for one with a 13A socket.
Anyone know if this still allowed under the 17th edition?

Thanks,
John

Yes it is allowed by the 17th but the circuit needs 30mA RCD protection.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for that Adam.
John

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message
It would be very convenient for me to change my 45A cooker control unit
for one with a 13A socket.
Anyone know if this still allowed under the 17th edition?

Thanks,
John

Yes it is allowed by the 17th but the circuit needs 30mA RCD protection.

Adam

Prestige Aluminium pressure cooker query Nigel Robb UK diy 4 September 15th 08 06:23 PM
MK Cooker Unit wiring mkkbb UK diy 9 May 22nd 07 12:11 PM
Extend 13A socket from cooker control unit? Geo UK diy 6 January 12th 07 04:19 PM
Newly fitted consumer unit query - Shabs UK diy 19 October 5th 04 05:33 PM
LPG cooker - gas supply query drlurch UK diy 2 July 14th 03 11:58 AM