Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hooray!

We're in the bungalow at last.

Finished? Like buggery...

But I have just plumbed in the dishwasher, washing machine and (temporary
old reclaimed) sink. Final plumbing's in copper, temp lash up to feed it is
in plastic.

It's bloody marvellous. Even though everything is running off extention
leads off one ring, stuff's working. Bath works. Sink works. Drains work...

Bed's in the kitchen, kitchen is not fitted but we have set up random tables
and short bookshelves to use as storage and worktops, in the same pattern
the final worktops will be in - so it's a good chance to try the layout
before committing. But we're here

Thanks to everyone here for their kind and generous advice. Couldn;t have
got this far without you lot!

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim W saying
something like:

Thanks to everyone here for their kind and generous advice. Couldn;t have
got this far without you lot!

Yay, well done.
Makes me want to crack on with mine a bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 5, 9:29*pm, Tim W wrote:
We're in the bungalow at last.

Finished? Like buggery...

But I have just plumbed in the dishwasher, washing machine and (temporary
old reclaimed) sink. Final plumbing's in copper, temp lash up to feed it is
in plastic.

It's bloody marvellous. Even though everything is running off extention
leads off one ring, stuff's working. Bath works. Sink works. Drains work....

Bed's in the kitchen, kitchen is not fitted but we have set up random tables
and short bookshelves to use as storage and worktops, in the same pattern
the final worktops will be in - so it's a good chance to try the layout
before committing. But we're here

Thanks to everyone here for their kind and generous advice. Couldn;t have
got this far without you lot!

--
Tim Watts

Having built (myself and two carpenters*) and finished while living
inside, our two homes since 1960 have some idea of what you are
achieving. Well done and nice to see 'it can still be done' in this
day and age.
* Well insulated wood frame homes, which operate well in this rather
severe eastern Canada climate right next to the North Atlantic. Our
first house (1960) is now on it's fourth owner who is well pleased
with it. Still living, now alone, in our second (1970) house.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
We're in the bungalow at last.

Finished? Like buggery...

But I have just plumbed in the dishwasher, washing machine and (temporary
old reclaimed) sink. Final plumbing's in copper, temp lash up to feed it is
in plastic.

It's bloody marvellous. Even though everything is running off extention
leads off one ring, stuff's working. Bath works. Sink works. Drains work...

Bed's in the kitchen, kitchen is not fitted but we have set up random tables
and short bookshelves to use as storage and worktops, in the same pattern
the final worktops will be in - so it's a good chance to try the layout
before committing. But we're here

Thanks to everyone here for their kind and generous advice. Couldn;t have
got this far without you lot!

Well done. Pictures or it didn't happen, though ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne
wibbled on Friday 06 November 2009 10:58

Tim W wrote:
We're in the bungalow at last.

Finished? Like buggery...

But I have just plumbed in the dishwasher, washing machine and (temporary
old reclaimed) sink. Final plumbing's in copper, temp lash up to feed it
is in plastic.

It's bloody marvellous. Even though everything is running off extention
leads off one ring, stuff's working. Bath works. Sink works. Drains
work...

Bed's in the kitchen, kitchen is not fitted but we have set up random
tables and short bookshelves to use as storage and worktops, in the same
pattern the final worktops will be in - so it's a good chance to try the
layout before committing. But we're here

Thanks to everyone here for their kind and generous advice. Couldn;t have
got this far without you lot!

Well done. Pictures or it didn't happen, though ;-)

Coming soon

Me internet connection's about to get nadgered as I get my IP range shifted
between the two houses, so might be a few days.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

I plunged, I auged, I pulled the toilet! Hooray (chapter 3 of 3) Mike Home Repair 15 March 24th 08 09:31 PM
Hooray for Mom&Pop No Name Home Repair 4 July 30th 07 04:41 AM
Hooray! I'm eventually getting somewhere! [email protected] Woodworking 10 October 29th 06 10:20 PM
Hooray! [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 28th 06 05:42 AM
HooRay at last some choice. John B Woodworking 1 October 6th 05 02:20 AM