Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT Ice Cream

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice
cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod wrote:

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice
cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Don't suppose we'll hear from you for quite a while after that then! :-)

--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice
cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Eek!!

This is Do-It-Yourself, not Do-Yerself-In...

Great tip for Ice Cream that tastes just like the one that the man in
the jangly van brings ya.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/produc.../2744_3532.htm

Absolutely love this stuff, it's sufficiently different than the other
(unhealthy) stuff in other places.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 21:06

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice
cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

So - stop teasing: where's the recipe?

Did you use an icecream maker or the traditional way with ice+salt?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Tim W wrote:
Rod
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 21:06

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice
cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

So - stop teasing: where's the recipe?

Did you use an icecream maker or the traditional way with ice+salt?

Basic egg yolk, sugar, milk and cream. Plus a good dollop of absinthe.

See:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2009/05/absinthe_ice_cream.html

but decided not to add chocolate for now.

Panasonic BH-941P ice cream maker - the sort you put into the freezer
and it churns automatically. Only got it recently so still finding out
how to get the best results.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod wrote:

Panasonic BH-941P ice cream maker - the sort you put into the freezer
and it churns automatically. Only got it recently so still finding out
how to get the best results.

Have had one of these for a couple of years now. Amazingly simple and
makes great ice cream too!

Get the Ben & Jerry book too - more great recipies.

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 22:05

BH-941P

That looks a fun toy...

Now inspired, I can think of a million ice cream recipes that the kids
couldn't eat

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod wrote:

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe
ice cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Don't suppose we'll hear from you for quite a while after that then!
:-)

Of course not. He'll be too busy talking to the cow in the clown outfit.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Tim W wrote:
Rod
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 22:05

BH-941P

That looks a fun toy...

Now inspired, I can think of a million ice cream recipes that the kids
couldn't eat

Seems almost unobtainable now - got ours off ebay and that seller has
run out.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod had
this to say:

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice
cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Well, this is d-i-y so you should distribute it around the group for a
fair assessment...

Real address sent by email.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
John Stumbles wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod wrote:

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe
ice cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Don't suppose we'll hear from you for quite a while after that then!
:-)

Of course not. He'll be too busy talking to the cow in the clown outfit.

That was cruel Dave, you've not met his wife....

;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Oct, 06:22, "R" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in dia.com...

John Stumbles wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod wrote:

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe
ice cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings
being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Don't suppose we'll hear from you for quite a while after that then!
:-)

Of course not. *He'll be too busy talking to the cow in the clown outfit.

That was cruel Dave, you've not met his wife....

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Well, somebody had to say it - I'll get my coat.

Toom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Toom Tabard writes
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Oh no, it was always a drink of Parisian Ladies of the night and
apparently it contain(s) hydrogen peroxide so it should actually be;

Absinthe makes the tart grow blonder.

Well, somebody had to say it - I'll get my coat.

Indeed, after me.

Toom

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:35:42 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote:
On 25 Oct, 21:25, Adrian C wrote:
Great tip for Ice Cream that tastes just like the one that the man in
the jangly van brings ya.
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/produc.../2744_3532.htm
Absolutely love this stuff, it's sufficiently different than the other
(unhealthy) stuff in other places.

Does it actually have any part of a cow in it?

Did notice the 1200W Angle Grinder on special from today though ...

Could you make ice cream using one of those stirry things plasterers
use?

Dunno, but with the correct attachment a router cranked up to 20,000 RPM
does a dam' good job at aerating some goopy (please excuse the technical
term) foods.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod wrote:

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe
ice cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the
scrapings being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Don't suppose we'll hear from you for quite a while after that
then! :-)

Of course not. He'll be too busy talking to the cow in the clown
outfit.

That was cruel Dave, you've not met his wife....

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Coo that takes me back.

Anyone remember the show with Frank Muir and Denis Norden where they used to
finish with long rambling shaggy dog stories? Was it "My word"?

Anyway, heavily edited, there was a story told by Denis about a man who went
to his doctor complaining about strange noises coming from his, um, rear
passage. When quizzed by the doctor he explained that every time he broke
wind is sounded like a japanese motorcycle. The doctor enquired as to
whether he had been drinking Absinthe lately to which the man replied "Why
yes. How did you know?"

The doctor replied, "Surely everyone knows that Absinthe makes the fart go
Honda...."

I'll get my coat too....

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Tim" writes:

Coo that takes me back.

Anyone remember the show with Frank Muir and Denis Norden where they used to
finish with long rambling shaggy dog stories? Was it "My word"?

Yes.
If you're in the US and listen to PBS radio (about the only
thing worth listening to out there), it still plays the repeats.
Came as quite a surpise to some US colleagues that most of the
participants are now dead - they hadn't realised how long ago
they were recorded.

Anyway, heavily edited, there was a story told by Denis about a man who went
to his doctor complaining about strange noises coming from his, um, rear
passage. When quizzed by the doctor he explained that every time he broke
wind is sounded like a japanese motorcycle. The doctor enquired as to
whether he had been drinking Absinthe lately to which the man replied "Why
yes. How did you know?"

The doctor replied, "Surely everyone knows that Absinthe makes the fart go
Honda...."

I'll get my coat too....

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
Tim W wrote:
Rod
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 22:05

BH-941P

That looks a fun toy...

Now inspired, I can think of a million ice cream recipes that the kids
couldn't eat

Seems almost unobtainable now - got ours off ebay and that seller has run
out.

Ya aint lookin hard enuf
110449114791

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

R wrote:

Ya aint lookin hard enuf
110449114791

Not looking at all now we've got one! But indeed, good that they can be
found if anyone wants one.

Just had my first full portion of absinthe ice cream - absolutely
wonderful. The taste, texture, everything was excellent. And I think it
would be one of those really difficult to guess ones.

--
Rod