Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I love wall tiles...

So easy and relaxing compared to floor tiles...

OK - I have flat walls. But just to sit there, on a stool, with a coffee, a
tub of BAL Greenstar, a box of tiles and a bag of spacers.

Splat, stick, stick, stick, splat, stick stick etc...

Time to stop - lid on adhesive and a quick wash off of the glue spreader,
wipe the tiles and done.

I wish all jobs got such a great result from so little effort.

:-

--
Tim Watts
The ****artist formerly known as Tim S

Explaining magnetism to little children:
"The magnet has a boy end and and a girl end and a boy and a girl like to
hold hands. Magnets aren't gay so two boys or two girls push each other
away..."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
Explaining magnetism to little children:
"The magnet has a boy end and and a girl end and a boy and a girl like to
hold hands. Magnets aren't gay so two boys or two girls push each other
away..."

The magnet has a boy end and and a girl end. Hmmm... The magnet is a
Hermaphrodite.

One too many 'ands' there as well.

Needs work

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
So easy and relaxing compared to floor tiles...

OK - I have flat walls. But just to sit there, on a stool, with a
coffee, a tub of BAL Greenstar, a box of tiles and a bag of spacers.

Splat, stick, stick, stick, splat, stick stick etc...

Time to stop - lid on adhesive and a quick wash off of the glue
spreader, wipe the tiles and done.

I wish all jobs got such a great result from so little effort.

:-

I likes tiling too for exactly those reasons. Not keen on grouting, mind. I
did consider taking up "arty" tiling as a profession but have never got
round to it. Well, actually the missus wouldn't let me experiment on our
walls...

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain
wibbled on Wednesday 23 September 2009 21:49

On 23 Sep, 18:58, Tim W wrote:
So easy and relaxing compared to floor tiles...

OK - I have flat walls. But just to sit there, on a stool, with a coffee,
a tub of BAL Greenstar, a box of tiles and a bag of spacers.

Erm, no radio or packet of biccies?

Owain

Actually, yes, a bit of Radio 4 would be nice...

--
Tim Watts
The ****artist formerly known as Tim S

Explaining magnetism to little children:
"The magnet has a boy end and and a girl end and a boy and a girl like to
hold hands. Magnets aren't gay so two boys or two girls push each other
away..."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:58:19 +0100, Tim W wrote:

So easy and relaxing compared to floor tiles...

OK - I have flat walls. But just to sit there, on a stool, with a coffee, a
tub of BAL Greenstar, a box of tiles and a bag of spacers.

Splat, stick, stick, stick, splat, stick stick etc...

Time to stop - lid on adhesive and a quick wash off of the glue spreader,
wipe the tiles and done.

I wish all jobs got such a great result from so little effort.

:-

I just finished tiling in the kitchen last night; uneven walls, large tiles
(that wont't fit the manual cutter, so must use the electric one outside,
hence limiting the hour), numerous tiles with sockets or switched spurs in
and one tile with a socket and a fused spur in it 20mm apart, only one
spare tile without buying another box. All with three young children
disrupting things and up against a deadline as guests arrive tomorrow night
for a party - not relaxing at all!

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:

[...]

I'm surprised you had time to write *that*! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

Domestic bliss British style. Everyone under the cosh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker
wibbled on Thursday 24 September 2009 10:13

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:58:19 +0100, Tim W wrote:

So easy and relaxing compared to floor tiles...

OK - I have flat walls. But just to sit there, on a stool, with a coffee,
a tub of BAL Greenstar, a box of tiles and a bag of spacers.

Splat, stick, stick, stick, splat, stick stick etc...

Time to stop - lid on adhesive and a quick wash off of the glue spreader,
wipe the tiles and done.

I wish all jobs got such a great result from so little effort.

:-

I just finished tiling in the kitchen last night; uneven walls, large
tiles (that wont't fit the manual cutter, so must use the electric one
outside, hence limiting the hour), numerous tiles with sockets or switched
spurs in and one tile with a socket and a fused spur in it 20mm apart,
only one spare tile without buying another box.

You have my sympathies... That's why I'm sticking to small tiles for
walls...

All with three young
children disrupting things and up against a deadline as guests arrive
tomorrow night for a party - not relaxing at all!

I have two sprogs, by I do have a sprog electromagnet (aka TV) installed in
the next room.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:03:56 +0100, Tim W wrote:

[...]

The TV helps, but two of the three kids are of an age where they regularly
need supplying with food and drink, one of them needs escorting to the
toilet and the other needs nappy changes and feeding - usually at the most
inopportune moments! Normally my wife could deal with them, keeping them
out of my way, but she's spent the last two days in bed feeling somewhat
ill.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker
wibbled on Thursday 24 September 2009 19:53

The TV helps, but two of the three kids are of an age where they regularly
need supplying with food and drink, one of them needs escorting to the
toilet and the other needs nappy changes and feeding - usually at the most
inopportune moments! Normally my wife could deal with them, keeping them
out of my way, but she's spent the last two days in bed feeling somewhat
ill.

You are so going to enjoy when the youngest turns 3 or 4

I did...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 23, 6:58*pm, Tim W wrote:
Splat, stick, stick, stick, splat, stick stick etc...

Mix Keraquick... start to position Marmox... notice Keraquick is
starting to go off... panic...!

Marmox has one other usage - Marmox-PIR-Plasterboard or Marmox-PIR-
Marmox-Skim sandwich... cheaper than Proctor Aerogel stuff... thinner
than PIR on wood batons that rot... avoids dot-n-dab risk of dew-point
moving out of the wall into the dot-n-dab air gap... outperforms plain
50mm Marmox (XPS inferior to PIR).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

js.b1
wibbled on Thursday 24 September 2009 20:48

On Sep 23, 6:58*pm, Tim W wrote:
Splat, stick, stick, stick, splat, stick stick etc...

Mix Keraquick... start to position Marmox... notice Keraquick is
starting to go off... panic...!

Yes - done that... I was advised to use Keraquick due to slight damp on the
floor, but I could *really* do with something slower...

I got on better with Kerabond on a non dodgey floor.

Marmox has one other usage - Marmox-PIR-Plasterboard or Marmox-PIR-
Marmox-Skim sandwich... cheaper than Proctor Aerogel stuff... thinner
than PIR on wood batons that rot... avoids dot-n-dab risk of dew-point
moving out of the wall into the dot-n-dab air gap... outperforms plain
50mm Marmox (XPS inferior to PIR).

That sounds a good recipe.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:15:24 +0100, Tim W wrote:

Steve Walker
wibbled on Thursday 24 September 2009 19:53

The TV helps, but two of the three kids are of an age where they regularly
need supplying with food and drink, one of them needs escorting to the
toilet and the other needs nappy changes and feeding - usually at the most
inopportune moments! Normally my wife could deal with them, keeping them
out of my way, but she's spent the last two days in bed feeling somewhat
ill.

You are so going to enjoy when the youngest turns 3 or 4

I did...

Oh yes! They're currently 6, 3 and 18 months. That's one of the perils of
having to have them close together, but we didn't get married 'til late on
(our first was born on our first wedding anniversary and we're into our
mid-forties now).

SteveW

Wall Tiles [email protected] UK diy 4 December 20th 08 12:52 PM
Ceramica Global - worldwide wall tiles and floor tiles catalogues Ceramica Global Home Ownership 0 November 29th 06 12:35 PM
Using big wall tiles Dave UK diy 8 February 17th 06 12:04 PM
Wall tiles Martin UK diy 2 July 18th 04 12:20 PM
Tiling - Wall Tiles or Floor Tiles first Charles Gregory UK diy 1 January 17th 04 09:31 AM