Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Caulking tool

Some time ago there was a recommendation for a caulking tool on this
group. We bought one and it was superb but I can't remember the name
and I want to recommend it to someone.

I think it was a Japanese-sounding name, it was plastic with several
profiles. Far, far better than fingers whatever anyone says!

Please can someone remind me?

Mary Fisher

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 Sep, 19:37, jim wrote:
On Sep 9, 7:34 pm, "

wrote:
Some time ago there was a recommendation for a caulking tool on this
group. We bought one and it was superb but I can't remember the name
and I want to recommend it to someone.

I think it was a Japanese-sounding name, it was plastic with several
profiles. Far, far better than fingers whatever anyone says!

Please can someone remind me?

Mary Fisher

fugenboy?

jimK

Thanks, Jim, if that wasn't it it's near enough!

I knew someone here would come up with the right thing!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 20:03:47 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

fugenboy?

SF sell them.

Or of you have a Lidl nearby they had a clon in thier offers not that
long back. Stock may still be on the shelf, £2.99 IIRC.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 Sep, 20:23, Pete Verdon
d wrote:

I believe there's a similar version called "fugi", which might tie in
with your "Japanese" memory.

Pete

Yes! That was definitely it. What's more Spouse dug it out when I said
Fugenboy - to prove me wrong of course - the Fugi has more pieces and
in two colours, no doubt for different applications. It's also more
expensive but it's been a real boon for him. I've supplied both names
to my contact and thank everyone for their help.

Mary
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I believe there's a similar version called "fugi", which might tie in
with your "Japanese" memory.xxx

and thank everyone for their help.

Mary

thanks from me too,
i ordered one on ebay last night.
[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 Sep, 19:34, "
wrote:

Mary Fisher

Good to hear from you again! 8-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Sep, 16:49, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 9 Sep, 19:34, "

wrote:
Mary Fisher

Good to hear from you again! * 8-)

Well, I thought the same of you when I saw your post about how to
remove a leaking cell from a Maglite ... 'Tha's Andy!' went through my
mind :-)

We've had problems, desperate problems, because for the first time
ever we've had tradesmen in the house. We thought it would be quicker
to replace bay windows 'professionally' than for us to do the work.

No details but it hasn't been, it's been a nightmare. Over months.

And we've been to Greenland etc. and then my isp wasn't working well
and it's taken me at least two weeks to organise another and ...
and ...

Excuses, I know!

But it IS nice to be back :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Sep, 22:14, Tim S wrote:

Given the state of the country, Greenland seems like a nice option.

I have a friend who rates Iceland highly, particularly at present. He
reckons the people are falling over themselves to apologise to the
Brits (which makes a change from most countries, where we're the ones
who ought to).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 10 Sep, 22:14, Tim S wrote:

Given the state of the country, Greenland seems like a nice option.

I have a friend who rates Iceland highly, particularly at present.

They also do some great deals on fish fingers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

caulking gun Stephen[_2_] UK diy 6 September 28th 08 10:21 PM
How to use a caulking gun [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 14th 08 11:01 PM
caulking Patt Home Repair 4 June 29th 06 06:07 PM
Caulking... Jon Home Repair 3 February 7th 06 02:44 PM