Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Criss - crossy Stuff ...

Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass
areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly called
? I have a slightly odd shaped drive with some grass alongside it, and in
order to get my car parked, the front wheels just swing across the curved
edge of that grass as you straighten back up. Each year, a bit more of the
underlying soil disappears, and I guess that the 'hole' created is now a
good couple of inches below the edge of the tarmac drive, which is itself
finished with concrete edgers.

Not a huge problem, but just looks a bit scruffy, as the grass is always
worn away just there.

TIA

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass
areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly
called ? I have a slightly odd shaped drive with some grass alongside it,
and in order to get my car parked, the front wheels just swing across the
curved edge of that grass as you straighten back up. Each year, a bit more
of the underlying soil disappears, and I guess that the 'hole' created is
now a good couple of inches below the edge of the tarmac drive, which is
itself finished with concrete edgers.

Not a huge problem, but just looks a bit scruffy, as the grass is always
worn away just there.

TIA

Arfa

Dunno - but this may help

http://www.pavingexpert.com/grasspav.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:49:38 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass
areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly called
? I have a slightly odd shaped drive with some grass alongside it, and in
order to get my car parked, the front wheels just swing across the curved
edge of that grass as you straighten back up. Each year, a bit more of the
underlying soil disappears, and I guess that the 'hole' created is now a
good couple of inches below the edge of the tarmac drive, which is itself
finished with concrete edgers.

Not a huge problem, but just looks a bit scruffy, as the grass is always
worn away just there.

TIA

Arfa

summat like this: http://tinyurl.com/mt6s4z
I believe you can get harder wearing versions from other places

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
news

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass
areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly
called ? I have a slightly odd shaped drive with some grass alongside it,
and in order to get my car parked, the front wheels just swing across the
curved edge of that grass as you straighten back up. Each year, a bit
more of the underlying soil disappears, and I guess that the 'hole'
created is now a good couple of inches below the edge of the tarmac
drive, which is itself finished with concrete edgers.

Not a huge problem, but just looks a bit scruffy, as the grass is always
worn away just there.

TIA

Arfa

Dunno - but this may help

http://www.pavingexpert.com/grasspav.htm

Thanks John. Useful link.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass
areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly
called

Oddly enough, it is called grass protection mesh or grass reinforcement
mesh.

http://www.boddingtons-ltd.com/fores...ement-mesh.htm

http://the-plant-directory.co.uk/gra...sort=3a&page=1

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 29, 1:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass
areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly called
? I have a slightly odd shaped drive with some grass alongside it, and in
order to get my car parked, the front wheels just swing across the curved
edge of that grass as you straighten back up. Each year, a bit more of the
underlying soil disappears, and I guess that the 'hole' created is now a
good couple of inches below the edge of the tarmac drive, which is itself
finished with concrete edgers.

Not a huge problem, but just looks a bit scruffy, as the grass is always
worn away just there.

TIA

Arfa

Out of idle curiosity, can one use cut off milk crates?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NT" wrote in message
[...]

What a bloody excellent idea ! It's only a small area that's affected, and
that might just be the perfect answer !

Thanks to all the other pointers from other respondents. Appreciated.

Arfa

old stuff John Reid Electronics 1 July 15th 08 12:13 AM
Where do you put all this stuff? Neillarson Woodturning 15 May 16th 07 09:39 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM
FS - Stuff in MA Al A. Metalworking 0 May 21st 06 11:50 PM
What was that stuff? SteveB Metalworking 6 July 23rd 05 07:14 PM