Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Idiot tap connector question

a 3/4" BSP tap - is that a parallel BSP thread? I'm pretty sure it is but I
want to check before I go and order the bits to connect the bath taps (and
likewise the 1/2" taps on the basin)...

Ta

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
a 3/4" BSP tap - is that a parallel BSP thread? I'm pretty sure it is
but I want to check before I go and order the bits to connect the
bath taps (and likewise the 1/2" taps on the basin)...

There is only 1 type of tap connector thread AFAIK.

Use flexibles.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Tim S wrote:
a 3/4" BSP tap - is that a parallel BSP thread? I'm pretty sure it is
but I want to check before I go and order the bits to connect the
bath taps (and likewise the 1/2" taps on the basin)...

There is only 1 type of tap connector thread AFAIK.

Use flexibles.

Any particular recommendation for make? I can see the merit - no trying to
bend a copper pipe to the mm.

Are their any cons - (relatively) short life etc?

Ta

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim S wrote:
There is only 1 type of tap connector thread AFAIK.

Use flexibles.

Any particular recommendation for make? I can see the merit - no trying
to bend a copper pipe to the mm.

Are their any cons - (relatively) short life etc?

One possible con is if it's a SS sink etc, copper pipe adds to the
rigidity, but flexibles not.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
a 3/4" BSP tap - is that a parallel BSP thread? I'm pretty sure it is
but I want to check before I go and order the bits to connect the
bath taps (and likewise the 1/2" taps on the basin)...

There is only 1 type of tap connector thread AFAIK.

Use flexibles.

Any particular recommendation for make? I can see the merit - no trying to
bend a copper pipe to the mm.

Are their any cons - (relatively) short life etc?

Ta

Tim

The con is that the flexibles do not supply a rigid base for the tap
and it is difficult to get the tap to lock onto the bath/sink.

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,

Tim S wrote:
a 3/4" BSP tap - is that a parallel BSP thread? I'm pretty sure it
is but I want to check before I go and order the bits to connect
the bath taps (and likewise the 1/2" taps on the basin)...

There is only 1 type of tap connector thread AFAIK.

Use flexibles.

Any particular recommendation for make? I can see the merit - no
trying to bend a copper pipe to the mm.

Are their any cons - (relatively) short life etc?

Ta

Tim

The con is that the flexibles do not supply a rigid base for the tap
and it is difficult to get the tap to lock onto the bath/sink.

I'd guess the same with plastic pipe. Especially with one hole fixings.

--
*I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth

I'm such an idiot! zxcvbob Home Repair 5 August 27th 07 12:24 PM
Idiot needs help Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) UK diy 12 April 16th 07 07:57 PM
kb9rqz you're an idiot! I PUNCE Home Repair 0 December 28th 06 08:53 PM
Old arcade monitor neck connector question jhuie Electronics Repair 9 April 12th 06 02:08 AM
Trying to be an Idiot and SUCCEEDING! Upscale Woodworking 23 August 31st 04 03:51 PM