Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default pipe freezing kits

Hello,

Has anyone used a pipe freezing kit like:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum.../sd2711/p38656

Does it come with instructions? If not, what do you do?

After you have finished plumbing, do you allow the pipe to thaw
naturally, or do you apply heat to speed it along?

Is it effective on hot water pipes? I have an elderly relative who
wants new taps in the kitchen. The problem is that there is no way to
isolate the hot water and I don't fancy climbing into an unlit,
unboarded loft to block the tank outlet.

Is it effective on CH pipes? Doesn't fernox do an inhibitor with
antifreeze in; would it work with that?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Pipe freezing sprays - any good? A.Lee UK diy 23 December 7th 07 10:50 PM
I'm freezing! cndlane Home Repair 2 December 6th 06 03:30 AM
Freezing pipe bursting mechanism [email protected] Home Repair 8 December 5th 06 07:45 PM
Pipe freezing kit help Broadback UK diy 9 November 14th 06 05:17 PM
pipe freezing Adrian Simpson UK diy 10 November 6th 05 08:43 PM