Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

Default Cuprinol Power Sprayer

Hi

I purchased a Cuprinol Power Sprayer at the weekend, it was half price in my
local B&Q. I have a 9 litre tub of Cuprinol Ducksback with approx half
left. It states in bold that this is not suitable for spraying. Is this due
to the consistency? Guess I can't water this down and use this in the power
sprayer can I?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

Might be the wax additive in this particular product too?

Midge.

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/ducksback_usage.jsp

"slider" wrote in message ...
Hi

I purchased a Cuprinol Power Sprayer at the weekend, it was half price in
my local B&Q. I have a 9 litre tub of Cuprinol Ducksback with approx half
left. It states in bold that this is not suitable for spraying. Is this
due to the consistency? Guess I can't water this down and use this in the
power sprayer can I?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

"slider" wrote in ...
Hi

I purchased a Cuprinol Power Sprayer at the weekend, it was half price in
my local B&Q. *I have a 9 litre tub of Cuprinol Ducksback with approx half
left. It states in bold that this is not suitable for spraying. *Is this

Suggest you take the sprayer back before you use it as they are not
fit for purpose. I too bought it for £9 via a pricematch a few months
ago. Complete waste of time even with the Cuprinol own brand
sprayable. It covered around half a panel before the nozzle blocked
up. In the end I took the nozzle off and laid the new panels on the
ground. I used the device to just pump the preservative onto the
panels before brushing manually to cover the panel.

After painting all the panels I sold the sprayer at a car boot for a
fiver. The chap said he wanted to spray creosote with it so wasn't
likely to block up. I didn't argue nor question him breathing in the
creosote mist and took the £5. I suppose the £4 it cost me was kinda
worth it for me not having to dip brush in said preservative 100's of
times!

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

In ,
Dave Starling opined:
"slider" wrote in
Hi

I purchased a Cuprinol Power Sprayer at the weekend, it was half
price in my local B&Q. I have a 9 litre tub of Cuprinol Ducksback
with approx half left. It states in bold that this is not suitable
for spraying. Is this

Suggest you take the sprayer back before you use it as they are not
fit for purpose. I too bought it for £9 via a pricematch a few months
ago. Complete waste of time even with the Cuprinol own brand
sprayable. It covered around half a panel before the nozzle blocked
up. In the end I took the nozzle off and laid the new panels on the
ground. I used the device to just pump the preservative onto the
panels before brushing manually to cover the panel.

I have one, and have had no problems with it. Works very well, and no
blockages.

Chris R

Ronseal Cordless Power Fence Sprayer Single Andy UK diy 1 May 16th 08 10:41 PM
Looking for a Power Sprayer Rod[_4_] Home Repair 1 May 15th 08 09:10 AM
Cuprinol Fence Sprayer Syke UK diy 7 March 12th 07 10:25 AM
Cuprinol Fence Sprayer - alternative advice sought gb UK diy 0 January 5th 06 05:47 PM
wagner power sprayer snpboy Home Repair 6 April 11th 05 09:57 PM