Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self levelling stuff

After digging an exploratory hole in the dining room floor (it's a
concrete floor) and having discovered that the Victorian pammets
(bricks) don't cover more than half the floor, I need to fill the
hole.

It's 1m Square and at its deepest is 70mm deep. I need to fill it so
that I can tile over the top.

Would Wickes Deep Base Levelling compound do the trick? It says 5-50mm
- if I use it should I do two pours?

regards
Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bitstreams wibbled:

After digging an exploratory hole in the dining room floor (it's a
concrete floor) and having discovered that the Victorian pammets
(bricks) don't cover more than half the floor, I need to fill the
hole.

It's 1m Square and at its deepest is 70mm deep. I need to fill it so
that I can tile over the top.

Would Wickes Deep Base Levelling compound do the trick? It says 5-50mm
- if I use it should I do two pours?

regards
Simon

Is there a DPM in the floor? It's quite possible there isn't - in which case
many compounds won't like it.

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Aug, 21:15, Tim S wrote:
Bitstreams wibbled:

After digging an exploratory hole in the dining room floor (it's a
concrete floor) and having discovered that the Victorian pammets
(bricks) don't cover more than half the floor, I need to fill the
hole.

It's 1m Square and at its deepest is 70mm deep. I need to fill it so
that I can tile over the top.

Would Wickes Deep Base Levelling compound do the trick? It says 5-50mm
- if I use it should I do two pours?

regards
Simon

Is there a DPM in the floor? It's quite possible there isn't - in which case
many compounds won't like it.

Cheers

Tim

No there isn't - the Wickes one says it will cover brick and stone,
but I guess that's not the point.

Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bitstreams wibbled:

No there isn't - the Wickes one says it will cover brick and stone,
but I guess that's not the point.

Simon

In the absence of specific knowledge about the Wickes one, I *do* know that
F Ball Stopgap 900 will cope with damp substrates as I'm about to use it.

AFAICS, the data sheet says it is cement + aluminates (so similar to most
other levelling compounds) PLUS an acrylic guaging liquid.

It's really designed to flatten the floor prior to sticking their epoxy 2
pack DPM down, but it's possible you could just treat it as a leveller. -
don't see why not...

Cheers

Tim