Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Strange (to me) pipe sizes

Hi chaps,

i am lucky enough to be about to plumb in my new heat pump! But
unfortunately the pipes sizes coming out the back, I'm not familiar with the
sizes! There are 6 pipe stubs, 2 at 38mm, 2 at 27mm and 2 plastic ones at
25mm. How the hell am i gonna plumb these in? I suppose what i need are
reducers/converters to either 28mm or 22mm so i can plumb to the buffer and
hot water tanks.

Are these sizes known as anything else? Where can i find fittings?

Also, the installation manual asks that traps be fitted on the inlets to the
pump, are there such filters easily available?

cheers

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
Hi chaps,

i am lucky enough to be about to plumb in my new heat pump! But
unfortunately the pipes sizes coming out the back, I'm not familiar

with the
sizes! There are 6 pipe stubs, 2 at 38mm, 2 at 27mm and 2 plastic

ones at
25mm. How the hell am i gonna plumb these in? I suppose what i

need are
reducers/converters to either 28mm or 22mm so i can plumb to the

buffer and
hot water tanks.

Are these sizes known as anything else? Where can i find fittings?

Also, the installation manual asks that traps be fitted on the

inlets to the
pump, are there such filters easily available?

cheers

Steve

What is the country of origin?

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
Hi chaps,

i am lucky enough to be about to plumb in my new heat pump! But
unfortunately the pipes sizes coming out the back, I'm not familiar with
the sizes! There are 6 pipe stubs, 2 at 38mm, 2 at 27mm and 2 plastic
ones at 25mm. How the hell am i gonna plumb these in? I suppose what i
need are reducers/converters to either 28mm or 22mm so i can plumb to the
buffer and hot water tanks.

What you need is to use the same size or larger pipes. The manufacturer
would not have chosen those sizes if smaller ones would do the job.

Are these sizes known as anything else? Where can i find fittings?

As you appear to be posting from France, I suggest trying a French
pluimbers' merchant. The sizes do not seem to match British pipe sizes.
Standard copper sizes are 28mm, 35mm and 42mm. Plastic 3/4" pipe would be
26mm OD.

Also, the installation manual asks that traps be fitted on the inlets to
the pump, are there such filters easily available?

Should also be available at the plumbers' merchant.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
[...]

All the sizes sound like normal pipe sizes found right across Europe. Only
thing is the outside diameter of the wall of the pipe may vary slightly, but
are all the same in actuallity.

By TRAPs on the inlets, I think this has been mis-read. I think you are
reading TAPs so that the pump can be isolated for maintenance or repair.
Maybe a visit to SpecSavers is in order. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message
news

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
[...]

Pump is from china, i am in France, but will source all the fittings in
England as my French isn't quite up to scratch, and getting anything in
France is a nightmare, i would end up driving many many miles tracking bits
and pieces down! I have measured the internal diameter of the large pipe
and it appears to be 35mm ID, the smaller copper pipes are about 23mm ID, so
are these 35mm and 22mm pipes? Id like to be able to use compression
fittings on the back of the heat pump rather than solder. I imagine i will
have to solvent weld the plastic pipes?

Cheers

Steve

CH pipe sizes Stephen[_6_] UK diy 41 August 6th 09 06:55 PM
CH pipe sizes Stephen[_2_] UK diy 2 October 17th 08 07:48 PM
Two Sizes of Plastic Pipe Terry W. UK diy 4 April 8th 07 11:52 AM
Mixing CH Pipe Sizes Stuart UK diy 3 March 19th 06 10:48 PM
New bathroom pipe sizes colt ceavers UK diy 4 November 26th 05 03:00 PM