Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Mixing CH Pipe Sizes

I'm replacing one CH radiator .The system is 10mm copper with adaptors
where the pipe enters the valves .. I need to alter a small length of
pipe connecting the rad as the rad is a little larger than the old one
.. To make things look neater ( and to avoid buying a coil of 10mm)
is it OK to use 15mm between the valves and just under the floor with
reducers to join up to the 10mm ... Will this cause any problems .?
Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Stuart wrote:
I'm replacing one CH radiator .The system is 10mm copper with adaptors
where the pipe enters the valves .. I need to alter a small length of
pipe connecting the rad as the rad is a little larger than the old one
. To make things look neater ( and to avoid buying a coil of 10mm)
is it OK to use 15mm between the valves and just under the floor with
reducers to join up to the 10mm ... Will this cause any problems .?

Completely fine.
There may be minor issues with slightly increased sludge buildup, at the
changes, but in practice, you'll see problems everywhere when this
happens. (if the system is not adequately protected)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 19 Mar 2006 17:58:34 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Stuart wrote:
I'm replacing one CH radiator .The system is 10mm copper with adaptors
where the pipe enters the valves .. I need to alter a small length of
pipe connecting the rad as the rad is a little larger than the old one
. To make things look neater ( and to avoid buying a coil of 10mm)
is it OK to use 15mm between the valves and just under the floor with
reducers to join up to the 10mm ... Will this cause any problems .?

Completely fine.
There may be minor issues with slightly increased sludge buildup, at the
changes, but in practice, you'll see problems everywhere when this
happens. (if the system is not adequately protected)

Thx Ian ...

The system doesn't allow for any sort of additive ,It's a single feed
Primatic and there is no way of adding anything . When I removed the
old rad I was surprised when I emptied it and flushed it out as to how
little "black stuff" there was came out of it .

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Stuart wrote:
The system doesn't allow for any sort of additive ,It's a single feed
Primatic and there is no way of adding anything .

There's always a way....! See:
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html

David

Plumbing vent pipe leak!! G Home Repair 0 October 26th 05 02:36 PM
MDPE pipe sizes...why? Mr Fizzion UK diy 2 September 14th 05 11:05 PM
In Deep Sh*t.... Lobster UK diy 9 August 2nd 05 09:30 PM
A/C Drainage Pipe clogged... water backing up into hallway Ringo Langly Home Repair 5 August 19th 04 02:50 PM
A/C Drainage Pipe clogged... water backing up into hallway Ringo Langly Home Repair 6 August 17th 04 09:15 PM