Default Plumbing vent pipe leak!!

In article
,
says...
I have a bi-level ranch, just moved in, first house so
excuse any mis-terming of items.

In the 2-car garage, the main sewage drain pipe that is
angled into the ground always drips (slowly about every
15 seconds) whenever it rains, no other times at all.
The pipe seems to have 2 others connecting to it, from
the right & left. I can't cut the sheetrock to get a
better view of the vertical dripping because there is a
horizontal wood beam blocking my view of the drainage
pipe if I were to stick my head up into the ceiling
sheetrock.

I checked the attic while it rained hard and there are
no obvious leaks and all the roof openings are bone dry
with cobwebs around some of them. My house also has 2
overhangs, both sloping away from the house along w/ the
gutters which are leak-free.

The only culprit I can think of is that for some reason,
the vent pipe sticking out of my roof (not from the
furnace, that one is covered), collects water whenever
it rains and that water finds it's way out of a perhaps
broken seal or something somewhere and it hugs the pipe
down into the garage. Because the roof water vent pipe
seems to be directly above the problem area in the
garage...I was going to try 2 things to fix this even
though I'm not sure where the drip starts from:
1. Cover the vent pipe (not sealed, just to prevent rain
water getting in, but air will still get in/out)
2. Water sections of my roof/gutters with a hose to try
and re-create the leak and figure out where it is coming
from....

Any other ideas? Unless of course it is somehow coming
from where my raised deck is bolted to the side of the
house, but I find that to be a stretch of the
imagination....

Thanks!!!

Ok, so I found the leak I referenced in my previous
post...but the problem is, it only occurs when I run a
hose INTO the plumbing vent pipe, the flashing & rubber
gasket AROUND the pipe are in perfect condition.

So my question now is....everywhere I read states that a
plumbing vent pipe should NOT need a cap. Given that
mine leaks when it rains and/or I run a hose into it,
can I get away with just capping the pipe (obviously not
restricting the air flow)? Or do I have much bigger
problems than that? It does not drip when we take
showers or use water in the house, only when it rains...

Tnx!