Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Strange (to me) pipe sizes

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
Hi chaps,

i am lucky enough to be about to plumb in my new heat pump! But
unfortunately the pipes sizes coming out the back, I'm not familiar with
the sizes! There are 6 pipe stubs, 2 at 38mm, 2 at 27mm and 2 plastic
ones at 25mm. How the hell am i gonna plumb these in? I suppose what i
need are reducers/converters to either 28mm or 22mm so i can plumb to the
buffer and hot water tanks.

What you need is to use the same size or larger pipes. The manufacturer
would not have chosen those sizes if smaller ones would do the job.

Are these sizes known as anything else? Where can i find fittings?

As you appear to be posting from France, I suggest trying a French
pluimbers' merchant. The sizes do not seem to match British pipe sizes.
Standard copper sizes are 28mm, 35mm and 42mm. Plastic 3/4" pipe would be
26mm OD.

Also, the installation manual asks that traps be fitted on the inlets to
the pump, are there such filters easily available?

Should also be available at the plumbers' merchant.

Colin Bignell