Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default microwave oven

Hello,

We have got a Panasonic combined oven/grill/microwave so I don't think
it's necessarily cheaper to throw it away rather than get it repaired.
The other day we saw some steam coming from under the door. I looked
and I am sure it came from under the door rather than a vent under the
oven. So my worry is, if steam can get out, can microwaves?

If I take it to a repair centre, what do I look for in the Yellow
pages: small appliance repairs? What is the going rate do you think
for a "check-up"?

There doesn't appear to be any damage top the door, so I am not sure
what has caused the leak: a faulty seal perhaps?

Thanks.