Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LG Microwave Oven

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG
due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept.
, they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many
diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK
3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

--
Jerry Fixall
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jerry Fixall" m wrote in
message r.com...

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG
due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept.
, they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many
diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK
3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

What is the voltage rating of the main capacitor (the one which will kill
you)?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jerry Fixall m wrote in
r.com:

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. ...The diode

has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK 3018. Does anyone know where I
might be able to purchase this diode ?

The HVR-1X is a common diode for microwave ovens. It can be replace with
an NTE517:

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefS...5ce85256e78005
6e56f?CreateDocument
Junior Member

Be carefull in testing the diode with a normal ohmeter. It seems to be open in both directions.
because of the high impedance.
Perhaps your problem is the magnetron

Jomi
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:38:51 +0000, Jerry Fixall
m put finger to
keyboard and composed:

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG
due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept.
, they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many
diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK
3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

Mouser has an equivalent:
http://www.mouser.com/search/Product...lkey526-NTE517
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/500to599/pdf/nte517.pdf (datasheet)

- Franc Zabkar