Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MICROWAVE OVEN

It's ten years old, but still working.

I am thinking a new model would be superior with features and
improvements.

I have 1500 watts now.

Any suggestions? This is an appliance that I really use a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION" wrote in
message ups.com...

It's ten years old, but still working.

I am thinking a new model would be superior with features and
improvements.

I have 1500 watts now.

Any suggestions? This is an appliance that I really use a lot.

Why replace it? New features (such as temperature probes) are often
gimmicks. The latest software routines are mostly gimmicks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Schuler wrote:
"7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION" wrote in
message ups.com...

It's ten years old, but still working.

I am thinking a new model would be superior with features and
improvements.

I have 1500 watts now.

Any suggestions? This is an appliance that I really use a lot.

Why replace it? New features (such as temperature probes) are often
gimmicks. The latest software routines are mostly gimmicks.

I am thinking I have lost some power.

Is there a tube to replace to kick it back up to the BIG POWER?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Schuler wrote:
"7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION" wrote
in
message ups.com...

It's ten years old, but still working.

I am thinking a new model would be superior with features and
improvements.

I have 1500 watts now.

Any suggestions? This is an appliance that I really use a lot.

Why replace it? New features (such as temperature probes) are often
gimmicks. The latest software routines are mostly gimmicks.

I am thinking I have lost some power.

Is there a tube to replace to kick it back up to the BIG POWER?

The tube is the magnetron. http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/output.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

"7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION" wrote in
message

I am thinking I have lost some power.

Is there a tube to replace to kick it back up to the BIG POWER?

The Magnetron. Probably can be replaced for about twice the cost of a new
unit. Even the $79 ones are loaded with good features.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I agree. My 1971 Montgomery Ward MW is still doing fine and the
mechanicalk timer will never die from a lightning hit.
New MWs are like new TVs they are always on and most fail because the
clock gets blown up.

Have you actually compared with the abilities of the new units? Sure, you
can re-heat a cup of coffee, but for more serious cooking, you may be very
surprised at the differences and advancements.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION" wrote in
message

I am thinking I have lost some power.

Is there a tube to replace to kick it back up to the BIG POWER?

The Magnetron. Probably can be replaced for about twice the cost of a new
unit. Even the $79 ones are loaded with good features.

You are superior.

I always take your advice.

I am taking it this time, too.

Thanks, Ed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We ended up putting a springwound timer in a hole drilled
through the keypad and usiing it in my office.

Sure you did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:

They don't make waste as solid as they used to.

Met a guy recently who told me he was in "solid waste disposal." He
amplified: "I'm a Houston Police Officer."

Several Houston PD officers got in trouble a number of years ago when they
threw a handcuffed Latino in Buffalo Bayou. He drowned.

This cowardly act gave rise to the annual celebration "Sinko de Bayou."

I guess the point is: you don't jack around with a Houston policeman. I
understand they've been having a ball for the past year what with all the
Katrina evacuees...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION" wrote in
message

I am thinking I have lost some power.

Is there a tube to replace to kick it back up to the BIG POWER?

The Magnetron. Probably can be replaced for about twice the cost of a new
unit. Even the $79 ones are loaded with good features.

You are superior.

I always take your advice.

I am taking it this time, too.

Thanks, Ed.

Yes, I bought my new microwave oven. It's totally cool with sensor
cooking.
I bought it factory reconditioned for half price and full warranty.

This was way better advice than putzing around with an outdated piece
of equipment.