Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default microwave oven

On Aug 12, 12:43*pm, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

We have got a Panasonic combined oven/grill/microwave so I don't think
it's necessarily cheaper to throw it away rather than get it repaired.
The other day we saw some steam coming from under the door. I looked
and I am sure it came from under the door rather than a vent under the
oven. So my worry is, if steam can get out, can microwaves?

no, all nukes made since the early 80s use choke doors rather than
seals, and aren't sealed.

If I take it to a repair centre, what do I look for in the Yellow
pages: small appliance repairs? What is the going rate do you think
for a "check-up"?

There's nothing to check, other than for rust holes in the interior.

There doesn't appear to be any damage top the door, so I am not sure
what has caused the leak: a faulty seal perhaps?

Thanks.

there is no seal, no microwave leak and no problem.

NT