Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default shield anchor hole size

For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

16mm, usually.

Use an SDS!

--
Ron
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.

16mm IIRC.

Thought of Multi Montis?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

Classic Rawlbolt 16mm.

http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?...20&Itemi d=25

Lighter duty variations typically 16 dia.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

12mm, I'd have thought.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Steve Walker
writes
sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

12mm, I'd have thought.

Yes, 12mm for a sleeve anchor (smooth sided tube body) but 16mm for a
shield anchor (heavyweight split body, aka rawlbolt).
--
fred