DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   shield anchor hole size (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/284384-shield-anchor-hole-size.html)

sm_jamieson August 11th 09 08:14 PM

shield anchor hole size

For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

Ron Lowe[_2_] August 11th 09 08:41 PM

shield anchor hole size

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

16mm, usually.

Use an SDS!

--
Ron

The Medway Handyman August 11th 09 08:47 PM

shield anchor hole size

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.

16mm IIRC.

Thought of Multi Montis?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Dave Osborne[_2_] August 11th 09 09:33 PM

shield anchor hole size

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

Classic Rawlbolt 16mm.

http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?...20&Itemi d=25

Lighter duty variations typically 16 dia.

Steve Walker August 12th 09 07:23 PM

shield anchor hole size

sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

12mm, I'd have thought.

fred August 12th 09 08:00 PM

shield anchor hole size

In article , Steve Walker
writes
sm_jamieson wrote:
For an M10 shield anchor, what is the typical hole size required in
the brick for the sleeved part ?
I need to know if I have a large enough drill.
Cheers,
Simon.

12mm, I'd have thought.

Yes, 12mm for a sleeve anchor (smooth sided tube body) but 16mm for a
shield anchor (heavyweight split body, aka rawlbolt).
--
fred