Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gaps under new skirting boards

Hi, have just had solid wood floors fitted in an old house. There are
some large gaps under a few skirting boards - floor is bowed and max
gap is about 15 mm tapering to 0 mm at the skirting board ends.

I do not want to use quadrant. The boards will be painted.

What is the best way to hide these gaps?

Many thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

nafuk wrote:
Hi, have just had solid wood floors fitted in an old house. There are
some large gaps under a few skirting boards - floor is bowed and max
gap is about 15 mm tapering to 0 mm at the skirting board ends.

I do not want to use quadrant. The boards will be painted.

What is the best way to hide these gaps?

Introducing the uk.d-i-y universal tool & materials kit. Soon to be
available from eBay, ScrewFix, CPC and ToolStation in a take-away bag.
Note: kit does not contain a hacksaw ...

Kit Contents

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet ...

From this you can select item #2 and then finish off with item #5 or in
extremis item #1.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kit Contents

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet ...

From this you can select item #2 and then finish off with item #5 or in
extremis item #1.

Is there a uk.d-i-y Top Trumps game?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian C wrote:
Kit Contents

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet

Mornington Crescent.

--
*OK, so what's the speed of dark? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 14:35:36 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Adrian C wrote:
Kit Contents

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet

Mornington Crescent.

I thought you was dead, Humphrey.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet ...

The old 3-part kit was better.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet ...

From this you can select item #2 and then finish off with item #5 or
in extremis item #1.

#6 makes a reasonable emergency Fugenboy...

What about Duck Tape?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

#1 Angle Grinder
#2 Car Body Filler
#3 WD40
#4 SDS Drill
#5 MultiMaster
#6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet ...

From this you can select item #2 and then finish off with item #5 or
in extremis item #1.

#6 makes a reasonable emergency Fugenboy...

What about Duck Tape?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Thank you for all the replies. For the larger gaps we went back and
scribed the boards and adjacent boards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

nafuk wrote:
Hi, have just had solid wood floors fitted in an old house. There are
some large gaps under a few skirting boards - floor is bowed and max
gap is about 15 mm tapering to 0 mm at the skirting board ends.

I do not want to use quadrant. The boards will be painted.

What is the best way to hide these gaps?

Many thanks.

Decorators caulk.

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A336146...corators-Caulk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 4, 8:41*am, nafuk wrote:
Hi, have just had solid wood floors fitted in an old house. There are
some large gaps under a few skirting boards - floor is bowed and max
gap is about 15 mm tapering to 0 mm at the skirting board ends.

I do not want *to use quadrant. The boards will be painted.

What is the best way to hide these gaps?

Many thanks.

Strap a thing to a pencil so the lead is 15mm from the edge of the
thing. Run this along the skirting board, it will copy the line of the
floor onto it 15mm up. Cut along line, refit skirting perfectly. If
this kirting meets other ok skirting, you will of course have to
address the differing height by using bigger skirting to begin with or
padding it with timber.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 4, 8:41*am, nafuk wrote:
Hi, have just had solid wood floors fitted in an old house. There are
some large gaps under a few skirting boards - floor is bowed and max
gap is about 15 mm tapering to 0 mm at the skirting board ends.

I do not want *to use quadrant. The boards will be painted.

What is the best way to hide these gaps?

I suppose you could scribe the boards, take them off, cut them, and
put them back.

Robert

Skirting boards [email protected] UK diy 2 February 3rd 09 01:17 PM
Are the gaps in decking boards (PT or composite) *REALLY* necessary? Thomas G. Marshall Home Repair 19 May 1st 08 10:44 PM
Knot-free skirting boards, door linings, cill boards and architraves Cordless Crazy UK diy 12 March 12th 06 02:11 PM
New skirting boards Neil D. UK diy 2 January 3rd 06 08:47 PM
Fiberon decking - no gaps between boards - ideas for fix?? [email protected] Home Repair 5 July 6th 05 10:56 PM