Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default phone wiring white and orange

a lady just phoned me for help with her BT phone,
she's bought a new box with 3 pairs of inputs,
1 is opposite 6
2 is opposite 5
3 is opposite 4
but the instruction leaflet talks of different colouring,
her incoming wires are white and orange
(plus an unused green and bloack)

To which numbers should she connect the white and orange?
please

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:29:55 +0100, "george (dicegeorge)"
wrote:

To which numbers should she connect the white and orange?
please

2 and 5

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "george (dicegeorge)"
wrote:
a lady just phoned me for help with her BT phone,
she's bought a new box with 3 pairs of inputs,
1 is opposite 6
2 is opposite 5
3 is opposite 4
but the instruction leaflet talks of different colouring,
her incoming wires are white and orange
(plus an unused green and bloack)

To which numbers should she connect the white and orange?
please

Those wire colours sound like its the incoming BT-owned and maintained
cable. If so, the socket she has got (a slave, by the sound of it)
shouldn't be used there, as it's missing some components needed by BT.

She needs a BT Openreach master socket to connect onto the incoming BT
wiring and this has only two terminals for the incoming wiring.
However, that part is technically the responsibility of BT as they
"own" the master socket.

--
John W
I you really want to mail me, replace the obvious with co.uk twice

SE or other walkman camera orange payg phone John Stumbles UK diy 9 December 15th 08 10:41 PM
Phone wiring thumor Home Repair 28 October 25th 07 03:06 PM
Another Phone Wiring Q TheScullster UK diy 8 January 25th 07 12:34 PM
Pinging Tom Gardner..please answer the white courtesy phone..... Gunner Metalworking 15 May 12th 06 10:10 PM
Help w/ Phone Wiring barry martin Home Repair 0 June 26th 03 02:28 AM