Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster blown while stripping - advice please

Stripping wallpaper today and a few areas of plaster have blown up and
lifted off the walls ( "a few" as in three largish spots around a foot
diameter or so). Either down to me "leaning" on the steamer while
scraping the wet bits or just cruddy plaster. Probably me. Anyway,
I've never been much good at getting a smooth finish, you could always
see where I'd been on car bodywork, so is there a recommended product
other than plaster which might be a bit accomodating or should I just
give it a go? We're not re-papering by the way, paint only from now on
so I've been told.
Many thanks for any advice, including the forthcoming, "clean off the
damaged bits with an angle grinder".

patching blown plaster with thistle hardwall ? Mike UK diy 6 December 1st 08 02:17 PM
Blown Plaster John UK diy 5 September 14th 07 09:28 PM
Stripping wallpaper off painted plaster wall Londoncityslicker UK diy 3 April 16th 07 11:52 PM
Stripping paint from plaster Pete from Boston Home Repair 2 June 3rd 06 03:59 PM
Blown plaster: replace or patch up? [email protected] UK diy 1 January 27th 05 02:04 PM