Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default Plaster blown while stripping - advice please

On Jul 14, 2:28*pm, Harry wrote:
Stripping wallpaper today and a few areas of plaster have blown up and
lifted off the walls ( "a few" as in three largish spots around a foot
diameter or so). Either down to me "leaning" on the steamer while
scraping the wet bits or just cruddy plaster. Probably me. Anyway,
I've never been much good at getting a smooth finish, you could always
see where I'd been on car bodywork, so is there a recommended product
other than plaster which might be a bit accomodating or should I just
give it a go? We're not re-papering by the way, paint only from now on
so I've been told.
Many thanks for any advice, including the forthcoming, "clean off the
damaged bits with an angle grinder".

This is the stuff I used. Bit like an easy to use plaster...
http://www.polycell.co.uk/products/p...eady_mixed.jsp