Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster blown while stripping - advice please

In article ,
Harry wrote:
Stripping wallpaper today and a few areas of plaster have blown up and
lifted off the walls ( "a few" as in three largish spots around a foot
diameter or so). Either down to me "leaning" on the steamer while
scraping the wet bits or just cruddy plaster. Probably me. Anyway,
I've never been much good at getting a smooth finish, you could always
see where I'd been on car bodywork, so is there a recommended product
other than plaster which might be a bit accomodating or should I just
give it a go? We're not re-papering by the way, paint only from now on
so I've been told.

Use one coat plaster and follow the instructions on the bag. You'll need a
half decent float - but they're not expensive. With such a small area you
should be able to get a decent repair - even if it needs slight sanding
down afterwards. Give the hole a good soak with diluted PVA first and
leave to dry. However, *any* repair is likely to show through paint - as
the surface will have a different texture. The way round this is to line
the wall then paint.

--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.