Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing Regulations wiki

I couldnt find anything about plumbing regulations in the wiki
so i tried to add a section on regulations
but the page is locked

then i hacked something into the end of

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....Plumbing_Links

but theres probably a more elegant way of adding links to regulations
and better places to link to...

[george]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I couldnt find anything about plumbing regulations in the wiki
so i tried to add a section on regulations
but the page is locked

then i hacked something into the end of

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....Plumbing_Links

but theres probably a more elegant way of adding links to regulations
and better places to link to...

[george]

ps it seems that most (if not all) of the links at
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....ry:Links_Pages
are internal links,
is there a bibliography of links to websites and books elsewhere?

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ps it seems that most (if not all) of the links athttp://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Category:Links_Pages
are internal links,
is there a bibliography of links to websites and books elsewhere?

[g]

That page lists the links articles by category, and in those articles
more or less all links are external. So I'm not really sure what you
mean.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I couldnt find anything about plumbing regulations in the wiki
so i tried to add a section on regulations
but the page is locked
then i hacked something into the end of
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....Plumbing_Links
but theres probably a more elegant way of adding links to regulations
and better places to link to...
[george]

ps it seems that most (if not all) of the links athttp://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Category:Links_Pages
are internal links,
is there a bibliography of links to websites and books elsewhere?

[g]

That page lists the links articles by category, and in those articles
more or less all links are external. So I'm not really sure what you
mean.

NT

I was looking for ainfo about cold water plumbing and regulations
in the wiki but couldnt find them
so tried to insert some

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
[...]

Why not create a new article called Plumbing Regulations or something
similar?

If you need an account setup, drop me an email with a preferred username
and password and I will create one for you.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Plumbing Regulations wiki

the page i tried to put it on was locked...

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....egory:Plumbing

John Rumm wrote:

wrote:
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Plumbing Regulations wiki
whoops sorry i've found it

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Regs

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Plumbing Regulations wiki

the page i tried to put it on was locked...

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....egory:Plumbing

That's a catagory page anyway - you don't usually want content on those
(other than a brief intro perhaps) since they are mostly auto-maintained
by mediawiki.

Having said that its not locked if you are logged in - its only got a
block on unregistered users editing it (as have most established articles).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Plumbing Regulations wiki
whoops sorry i've found it

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Regs

Yup feel free to add to that - again you need to login first.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 29, 12:25*am, John Rumm wrote:
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Plumbing Regulations wiki

the page i tried to put it on was locked...

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....egory:Plumbing

That's a catagory page anyway - you don't usually want content on those
(other than a brief intro perhaps) since they are mostly auto-maintained
by mediawiki.

Having said that its not locked if you are logged in - its only got a
block on unregistered users editing it (as have most established articles).

If you want to start a new article, just type your article title into
the search box, and it'll come back with a 'You can create this page'
message, which you just click.

To get your article to show up on the plumbing catgeory page, include
this line at the end of the article:
[[Category:Plumbing]]

And if you want to copy any of the wiki formatting in another article,
just go to that article and click on 'edit' to see the wikicode that
produces the effect. Then click 'cancel' as youre not editing that
article.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:52:26 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Why not create a new article called Plumbing Regulations or something
similar?

If you need an account setup, drop me an email with a preferred username
and password and I will create one for you.

but rather than create a new article may I suggest adding links to
regulations to the existing page of links to regulations at:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Regulations

(If there were pages and pages-worth of links to plumbing regs I'd agree
with splitting them off into a separate article but I don't think having
zillions of little articles consisting just of one or two links really
helps.)

And by all means add a link from appropriate general plumbing-related
pages to the regs page.

Incidentally there are links from the regs page to the Building Regs
Approved Docs. Maybe someone could add a section to this article pointing
out what Building Regs/ADs cover what areas, i.e.
AD J = ...
AD F = ...
AD G = ...
AD L = ...
etc

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Tits like coconuts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:46:41 -0700, NT wrote:

If you want to start a new article, just type your article title into
the search box, and it'll come back with a 'You can create this page'
message, which you just click.

To get your article to show up on the plumbing catgeory page, include
this line at the end of the article:
[[Category:Plumbing]]

And if you want to copy any of the wiki formatting in another article,
just go to that article and click on 'edit' to see the wikicode that
produces the effect. Then click 'cancel' as youre not editing that
article.

You may find it useful to refer to:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...iting_Articles

and

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...xample_article

--
John Stumbles

An atheist is a person with no invisible means of support

Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside. johnnymo Home Repair 29 December 9th 18 02:08 AM
FAQ and Wiki John Rumm UK diy 22 April 27th 09 12:55 PM
Wiki: Oil [email protected] UK diy 63 January 3rd 09 09:49 AM
uk.d-i-y wiki [email protected] UK diy 27 May 23rd 07 10:46 PM
UK.D-I-Y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 17 January 27th 07 02:11 AM