Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default F*cking eurolocks :-}

Had fun tonight with my dad trying to get a couple of eurolocks out
(no keys)... Didn't really want to snap them if we could help it, as
we (ok, I) didn't want the guts falling down the locking mechanism.

Managed to snap drill bits in both sides of one cylinder, and ended up
with an angle grinder on the f*cking thing. Eventually managed to
remove the entire mech out of one side, but still had murder turning
the cam to get it out - took almost 2 hours...

The other one was a doddle comparatively - again, started with the
angle grinder to remove the bulk of the lock, then drilled below the
tumbler pins - took about 6 mins.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but we'd had a new suite delivered
today, and because they couldn't get it through the front door it was
left in the back garden - luckily the rain held off !

Harveys - gotta love them. These are the people that told us the
corner suite we ordered had been redesigned into 3 pieces to make it
easy to get in, so we didn't need to cancel the order.

What they failed to do was employ someone who understood that a corner
piece with permanently fixed back rests is basically a cube - if
they'd simply made back rest detachable it'd fit through almost any
doorway, and could have been done in two pieces.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightmare..... would have been one of those situations that a bump key would
have been handy.

--
Regards

SantaUK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson wrote:
Had fun tonight with my dad trying to get a couple of eurolocks out
(no keys)... Didn't really want to snap them if we could help it, as
we (ok, I) didn't want the guts falling down the locking mechanism.

Managed to snap drill bits in both sides of one cylinder, and ended up
with an angle grinder on the f*cking thing. Eventually managed to
remove the entire mech out of one side, but still had murder turning
the cam to get it out - took almost 2 hours...

Interested, how did you attack it with the angle grinder?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightmare..... would have been one of those situations that a bump key would
have been handy.

Had one - couldn't get it to work. I spent maybe a couple of hours
over a few sessions over the space of a few weeks.

The (surprisingly helpful) locksmith I bought the replacement barrel
from said he'd never had any luck trying to bump them himself.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Interested, how did you attack it with the angle grinder?

Actually, it was my dad wielding the power on this one, but...

|---
| |
| |
| |
| |
|---

In very rough ascii terms, he just went through at 90 degrees as close
to the door itself as he could having removed the handles, with a
small bit of cardboard cut around the lock to protect the door itself.
He also had a go vertically right down the middle which seemed to give
us more room to be able to start re-drilling to get the pins and
sheared drill bit out.

With the second barrel, he went for the angle grinder option first,
and it was out in no time at all.

Eurolocks - confused! NoSpam UK diy 14 March 4th 09 01:25 PM
Eurolocks - when you have no keys ? Colin Wilson UK diy 10 January 13th 09 11:15 AM
Eurolocks? The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 October 25th 08 10:45 PM
ARRGGGHH!!! Can't get this f$cking wallpaper off! Tim Downie UK diy 21 October 28th 04 05:24 PM