Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Foundations for conservatory

As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Garry wrote:

As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

I don't see a problem with that - other than the fact that you might have
changed your mind about the size and/or construction of the conservatory by
the time you come to build it. g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Garry wrote:
As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

Should not be a problem. If you can afford it, I suggest you pour the
concrete and do the block/brick up to ground level or a bit above - say
DPC level. This will save dirt/leaves etc going into the trench as there
will need cleaning off before you can lay the blocks

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Garry" wrote in message
As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

I found this quite a useful site for information and construction hints and
materials, when I was doing mine a few years back

http://www.conservatoriesonline.com/index.htm

Arfa

Foundations for a summerhouse? Andy Dingley UK diy 7 January 23rd 08 03:33 PM
removing old foundations sm_jamieson UK diy 7 September 17th 07 11:21 AM
Concrete Foundations [email protected] UK diy 6 April 30th 07 10:58 PM
Foundations Lawrence Zarb UK diy 1 August 23rd 06 05:55 PM
firm foundations Chris Hall UK diy 6 January 4th 06 01:39 AM