DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Foundations for conservatory (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/279999-foundations-conservatory.html)

Garry June 9th 09 06:36 PM

Foundations for conservatory

As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

Roger Mills June 9th 09 07:30 PM

Garry wrote:

As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

I don't see a problem with that - other than the fact that you might have
changed your mind about the size and/or construction of the conservatory by
the time you come to build it. g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Bob Minchin[_2_] June 9th 09 10:03 PM

Garry wrote:
As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

Should not be a problem. If you can afford it, I suggest you pour the
concrete and do the block/brick up to ground level or a bit above - say
DPC level. This will save dirt/leaves etc going into the trench as there
will need cleaning off before you can lay the blocks

Bob

Arfa Daily June 10th 09 12:41 AM

"Garry" wrote in message
As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay
to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they
need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

I found this quite a useful site for information and construction hints and
materials, when I was doing mine a few years back

http://www.conservatoriesonline.com/index.htm

Arfa