Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OK to run an FCU off a spurred socket?

Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However the
socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq cable; it
is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to the
FCU would also be 2.5mmsq.
Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However the
socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq cable; it
is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to the

No, not really. The double socket on its own is the limit for what you
can run on an unfused spur.

The correct solution would be to add a fused spur before the double
socket, to feed it and any further accessories. You can then add your
FCU to the double socket with no risk. This would however limit the
total current dray of both sockets and the FCU to a combined total of 13A.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to the

No, not really. The double socket on its own is the limit for what you can
run on an unfused spur.

The correct solution would be to add a fused spur before the double
socket, to feed it and any further accessories. You can then add your FCU
to the double socket with no risk. This would however limit the total
current dray of both sockets and the FCU to a combined total of 13A.

Why not replace the double with a fused four/three socket converter and add
in the FCU using 2.5 mm cable.
No chance of overloading the cable as the converters all have a 13A fuse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to the

No, not really. The double socket on its own is the limit for what you can
run on an unfused spur.

The correct solution would be to add a fused spur before the double ..

..
..
John.

Thanks John. Major impact on decorations (wall chasingh needed). But I
thought that would be the case. Cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to
the

..
..

Why not replace the double with a fused four/three socket converter and
add in the FCU using 2.5 mm cable.
No chance of overloading the cable as the converters all have a 13A fuse.

Interesting, but I'm not clear about this. Wouldn't this just be equivalent
(in terms of the regs) to taking the FCU off a spurred 13A single socket? I
presume this is disallowed in the regs in the same way as taking the FCU off
a spurred double socket.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article ,
Steve wrote:
Thanks John. Major impact on decorations

What has an ex premiere and the honours system got to do with it?

john

--
John Mulrooney

A controlled 'plane crash is usually called a landing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to the

No, not really. The double socket on its own is the limit for what you can
run on an unfused spur.

The correct solution would be to add a fused spur before the double ..

.
.
John.

Thanks John. Major impact on decorations (wall chasingh needed). But I
thought that would be the case. Cheers.

Does it need to be a double socket, or would a twin socket do (i.e. two
singles - one for a fused spur, one for a single socket - that would not
require much chasing)?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Does it need to be a double socket, or would a twin socket do (i.e. two
singles - one for a fused spur, one for a single socket - that would not
require much chasing)?

Which has the same effect as doing what I said,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to
the

.
.

Why not replace the double with a fused four/three socket converter and
add in the FCU using 2.5 mm cable.
No chance of overloading the cable as the converters all have a 13A fuse.

Interesting, but I'm not clear about this. Wouldn't this just be
equivalent (in terms of the regs) to taking the FCU off a spurred 13A
single socket? I presume this is disallowed in the regs in the same way
as taking the FCU off a spurred double socket.

Not quite.. same protection but in different places.

One leg protected by the fuse in the sockets the other in the FCU vs.
one leg protected by the FCU and the other by the plug fuse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring. Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the
new cable from the socket to the FCU would also be 2.5mmsq

Strictly speaking against the regs. The correct way would be to fit an FCU
at the start of the spur - and then you can do anything afterwards. But
with such a small load I'd just go ahead.

--
*Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.) *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
[...]

This seems to be a decent solution. I'll replace the double socket by a
single and the FCU. Only a little bit of enlargemet of the existing
back-box space is needed. The max load would be 16A - 13A from the socket
plus 3A from the FCU. Even if it's not to the letter of the regs, it's safe
in terms of load and the decorative disruption is even less than I
originally planned!
Cheers, Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

OK to run an FCU off a spurred socket?

ooops! I miss read the title
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
Steve wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring.
Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the new cable from the socket to the
No, not really. The double socket on its own is the limit for what you can
run on an unfused spur.

The correct solution would be to add a fused spur before the double ..

.
.
John.

Thanks John. Major impact on decorations (wall chasingh needed). But I
thought that would be the case. Cheers.

Does it need to be a double socket, or would a twin socket do (i.e. two
singles - one for a fused spur, one for a single socket - that would not
require much chasing)?

That isn't any more regs-conforming than the FCU hanging off a
spurred double socket, assuming you still mean both fed from the
single spur.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Steve wrote:
Hi. I want to add an FCU (3A fuse) from a double 13A socket. However
the socket is presumably a spur as it is supplied by a single 2.5mmsq
cable; it is not on a ring. Is this acceptable/within regs? FWIW the
new cable from the socket to the FCU would also be 2.5mmsq

Strictly speaking against the regs. The correct way would be to fit an FCU
at the start of the spur

FCU can be anwhere along the spur, providing there are no
accessories or branches before it. It doesn't need to be
at the start of the spur because it's only required for
overload protection, and not fault protection.

and then you can do anything afterwards. But
with such a small load I'd just go ahead.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm writes:
Steve wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
[...]

No, I actually meant using a twin backbox to install a fused spur and a
single socket in the place of the existing double - saving cutting extra
wall there - the spur feeding the socket, and then adding the FCU
elsewhere as a continuation from the socket. Hence the new FCU and the
single socket would end up both being fed via a fused spur.

Having said that, the OP's mis-interpretation of what I wrote (although
not very clearly I admit!) is unlikely to result in bad things
happening. Even if the upstream fused spur were omitted, the maximum
load would be limited to what is achievable through a pair of 13A fuses
- so in reality no worse that with a double socket.

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm coughed up some electrons that declared:

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

One of the manufacturers (possibly MK, can't find the reference, but I think
it was mentioned on the IET forums year ago) actually conducted tests and
found that much over around 20A total load, their double socket started to
overheat. At 26A it was well on the way to being dead, brown and hot.

[1] Check the small print on the back - some say 13A.

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim S writes:

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

One of the manufacturers (possibly MK, can't find the reference, but I think
it was mentioned on the IET forums year ago) actually conducted tests and
found that much over around 20A total load, their double socket started to
overheat. At 26A it was well on the way to being dead, brown and hot.

[1] Check the small print on the back - some say 13A.

IIRC, BS1363 allows a max of 13A total to be drawn, and requires
this to be written on the socket (which as you say, it is, pretty
well always on the back;-). It requires all sockets to be tested at
a higher current though; I have 21A in mind, but that might be the
testing requirement for single sockets -- I've forgotten now and I
don't have a copy of BS1363 anymore.

The MK ones always look like they would actually handle 26A OK, but
there are plenty of others which don't look like they would.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Strictly speaking against the regs. The correct way would be to fit an
FCU at the start of the spur

FCU can be anwhere along the spur, providing there are no
accessories or branches before it. It doesn't need to be
at the start of the spur because it's only required for
overload protection, and not fault protection.

Indeed - badly worded. I meant before any wiring accessories.

and then you can do anything afterwards. But
with such a small load I'd just go ahead.

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm writes:
Steve wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
[...]

I actually did know what you meant.

As getting back boxes out of the wall can be a PITA, another option is to
leave the double socket where it is an fit a FCU next to the double socket.
You then take the wires (crimped and extended) that feed the double socket
to the FCU instead of the socket. The load side of the FCU then feeds the
double socket and any FCUs downstream.

A temporary lash up until it is time to decorate and sink cables into the
wall is to feed the new FCU from a 3A fused plug using the double socket.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
John Rumm coughed up some electrons that declared:

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.
Its why the new regs don't allow twins on 2.5mm spur cables when a 30A mains
fuse is used.
You can if its a 20A fuse.

The three and four ways are safer, they have a fuse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
John Rumm coughed up some electrons that declared:

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.
Its why the new regs don't allow twins on 2.5mm spur cables when a 30A
mains fuse is used.
You can if its a 20A fuse.

The three and four ways are safer, they have a fuse.

The fuse is after the 2.5 T&E connections. It protects sweet FA in hard
wiring terms.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

m...

"Tim S" wrote in message
John Rumm coughed up some electrons that declared:

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.
Its why the new regs don't allow twins on 2.5mm spur cables when a 30A
mains fuse is used.
You can if its a 20A fuse.

The three and four ways are safer, they have a fuse.

The fuse is after the 2.5 T&E connections. It protects sweet FA in hard
wiring terms.

It protects against overloads.
The main fuse should protect against a serious fault like a short.
Or that is the theory used for ring mains.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.

As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring. The system relies
on probabilities - just where in a domestic situation would you want to
draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

The most likely would be in a kitchen - but then pretty well all
appliances there don't draw a high current for very long.

--
*Caution: I drive like you do.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.
Its why the new regs don't allow twins on 2.5mm spur cables when a 30A
mains fuse is used.
You can if its a 20A fuse.

Name that reg.

Some have always been full of 'what ifs' about rings. But the fact remains
that is by far the most satisfactory arrangement for domestic mains
outlets - even more so than when first designed.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
John Rumm coughed up some electrons that declared:

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.
Its why the new regs don't allow twins on 2.5mm spur cables when a 30A
mains fuse is used.
You can if its a 20A fuse.

Name that reg.

Hmmm, I have a feeling he made that up as well ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.

As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring.

Not so.. it would trip the circuit breaker.
The twin socket could have two fan heaters plugged in and overload the feed
cable without the fuse blowing.

The system relies
on probabilities

- just where in a domestic situation would you want to
draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

The most likely would be in a kitchen - but then pretty well all
appliances there don't draw a high current for very long.

Anywhere if the CH fails, a couple of fan heaters would be 26A.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:14:39 +0100, "Dave Plowman"
had this to say:

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.

As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring. The system relies
on probabilities - just where in a domestic situation would you want to
draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

Probably not in a true domestic situation, but quite possible where a
similar installation could very well be in use in, say, a church hall,
and two kettles could be in fairly continuous use for a tea-party.

Granted, a domestic ring-main isn't entirely appropriate there, but I
should imagine there's a lot of it about... :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring.

Not so.. it would trip the circuit breaker. The twin socket could have
two fan heaters plugged in and overload the feed cable without the fuse
blowing.

If you needed two fan heaters in a room wouldn't you put them either side
of it?

The system relies
on probabilities

- just where in a domestic situation would you want to
draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

The most likely would be in a kitchen - but then pretty well all
appliances there don't draw a high current for very long.

Anywhere if the CH fails, a couple of fan heaters would be 26A.

But the probability of running them off one double socket is near zero in
practice.

--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring. The system
relies on probabilities - just where in a domestic situation would you
want to draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

Probably not in a true domestic situation, but quite possible where a
similar installation could very well be in use in, say, a church hall,
and two kettles could be in fairly continuous use for a tea-party.

Commercial installations are a very different matter. And a church hall
used for this sort of thing would normally have an urn.

Granted, a domestic ring-main isn't entirely appropriate there, but I
should imagine there's a lot of it about... :-)

As I said' lots of 'ifs'. ;-)

--
*There are two kinds of pedestrians... the quick and the dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring.

Not so.. it would trip the circuit breaker. The twin socket could have
two fan heaters plugged in and overload the feed cable without the fuse
blowing.

If you needed two fan heaters in a room wouldn't you put them either side
of it?

The system relies
on probabilities

- just where in a domestic situation would you want to
draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

The most likely would be in a kitchen - but then pretty well all
appliances there don't draw a high current for very long.

Anywhere if the CH fails, a couple of fan heaters would be 26A.

But the probability of running them off one double socket is near zero in
practice.

Except in chateau dennis

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 May 2009 23:29:11 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
had this to say:

In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
As would be drawing 13 amps off every socket on a ring. The system
relies on probabilities - just where in a domestic situation would you
want to draw two lots of continuous 13amps from a double socket?

Probably not in a true domestic situation, but quite possible where a
similar installation could very well be in use in, say, a church hall,
and two kettles could be in fairly continuous use for a tea-party.

Commercial installations are a very different matter. And a church hall
used for this sort of thing would normally have an urn.

Granted, a domestic ring-main isn't entirely appropriate there, but I
should imagine there's a lot of it about... :-)

As I said' lots of 'ifs'. ;-)

More tea, vicar?

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
John Rumm coughed up some electrons that declared:

(the non conforming aspect being that the assumed load on a double
socket is usually taken as 20A allowing for diversity, which is below
the minimum rating for a cable used on a ring circuit (21A) - The same
allowance is not usually made for a pair of single sockets or a single
socket and a FCU however.

I don't think any double socket actually allows 26A to be drawn
continuously.[1]

But don't stop you doing it.
A recipe for disaster.
Its why the new regs don't allow twins on 2.5mm spur cables when a 30A
mains fuse is used.
You can if its a 20A fuse.

Name that reg.

Radial.

A spur in 2.5 T&E feeding only one outlet (double socket included) is
perfectly acceptable from a ring with a 30A fuse.

I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that would
involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost of the cable
but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed sizes. I most
commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV booster etc).

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that
would involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost
of the cable but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed
sizes. I most commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV
booster etc).

I'd run that off the lighting circuit since it's already there.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that
would involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost
of the cable but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed
sizes. I most commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV
booster etc).

I'd run that off the lighting circuit since it's already there.

People putting a fan heater in the loft would be quite rare and they would
have to plug a 4 way strip in first.
I think all the lights should be connected via 13A plugs and sockets, then
you can move them about easier and plug in things like X10 controllers, etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that
would involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost
of the cable but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed
sizes. I most commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV
booster etc).

I'd run that off the lighting circuit since it's already there.

Tempting and very often used by me for later additions but not for rewires.

I will fit a 5 amp socket for a TV amp from the lighting circuit. But if the
customer asks for a socket in the loft on a rewire then they get a socket in
the loft from the ring and not one from a 6A supply.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that
would involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost
of the cable but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed
sizes. I most commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV
booster etc).

I'd run that off the lighting circuit since it's already there.

People putting a fan heater in the loft would be quite rare and they would
have to plug a 4 way strip in first.

I think all the lights should be connected via 13A plugs and sockets, then
you can move them about easier and plug in things like X10 controllers,
etc.

And I think that Kylie Minouge would look nice sat on my knob. We can all
dream and make stuff up.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that
would involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost
of the cable but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed
sizes. I most commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV
booster etc).

I'd run that off the lighting circuit since it's already there.

Tempting and very often used by me for later additions but not for
rewires.

I will fit a 5 amp socket for a TV amp from the lighting circuit. But if
the customer asks for a socket in the loft on a rewire then they get a
socket in the loft from the ring and not one from a 6A supply.

And correctly so. Wonder how many 13 amp sockets you've come across in a
loft fed from the lighting circuit?

Adam

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I frequently use them when doing a rewire where there is a socket that
would involve a long silly run of cable. This is not down to the cost
of the cable but to keep the actual length of the ring down to allowed
sizes. I most commonly do this for things like a socket in a loft (TV
booster etc).

I'd run that off the lighting circuit since it's already there.

Tempting and very often used by me for later additions but not for
rewires.

I will fit a 5 amp socket for a TV amp from the lighting circuit. But if
the customer asks for a socket in the loft on a rewire then they get a
socket in the loft from the ring and not one from a 6A supply.

And correctly so. Wonder how many 13 amp sockets you've come across in a
loft fed from the lighting circuit?

Quite a few. And not just in lofts!

Adam

Car Cig socket Vass[_7_] UK diy 22 April 30th 09 12:30 PM
Sky+ socket anywhere? JoeJoe UK diy 4 November 21st 06 04:07 PM
2.5mm DC socket [email protected] UK diy 31 February 15th 06 11:24 AM
Odd BT socket Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 28 September 28th 04 11:24 AM
Extending a spurred socket Matthew Barnard UK diy 2 September 3rd 03 09:45 PM