Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sky+ socket anywhere?

Had sky+ installed last week. I ran the two cables inside the walls/under
the floors whilst the extension was being built earlier this year, and left
a single drywall box in the wall with the two cables sticking out of it.

According to the Sky installer, the cover plate/socket - two screw-type
fittings on a single plate - are readily available. Despite searching
anywhere (all the sheds/Screwfix/ToolsStation/TLC/City Elctrical
Factors/etc) no one has ever heard of them.

Any idea whether they actually exist/where can I find one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:
Had sky+ installed last week. I ran the two cables inside the walls/under
the floors whilst the extension was being built earlier this year, and left
a single drywall box in the wall with the two cables sticking out of it.

According to the Sky installer, the cover plate/socket - two screw-type
fittings on a single plate - are readily available. Despite searching
anywhere (all the sheds/Screwfix/ToolsStation/TLC/City Elctrical
Factors/etc) no one has ever heard of them.

Any idea whether they actually exist/where can I find one?

uk.tech.digital-tv ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
Had sky+ installed last week. I ran the two cables inside the walls/under
the floors whilst the extension was being built earlier this year, and

left
a single drywall box in the wall with the two cables sticking out of it.

According to the Sky installer, the cover plate/socket - two screw-type
fittings on a single plate - are readily available. Despite searching
anywhere (all the sheds/Screwfix/ToolsStation/TLC/City Elctrical
Factors/etc) no one has ever heard of them.

Any idea whether they actually exist/where can I find one?

This what you're after
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...3088&doy=21m11

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:

Had sky+ installed last week. I ran the two cables inside the walls/under
the floors whilst the extension was being built earlier this year, and left
a single drywall box in the wall with the two cables sticking out of it.

According to the Sky installer, the cover plate/socket - two screw-type
fittings on a single plate - are readily available. Despite searching
anywhere (all the sheds/Screwfix/ToolsStation/TLC/City Elctrical
Factors/etc) no one has ever heard of them.

You didn't search Toolstation very well then...

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Elec...te/d190/sd3084
item code 13270.

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
JoeJoe wrote:

Had sky+ installed last week. I ran the two cables inside the walls/under
the floors whilst the extension was being built earlier this year, and
left a single drywall box in the wall with the two cables sticking out of
it.

According to the Sky installer, the cover plate/socket - two screw-type
fittings on a single plate - are readily available. Despite searching
anywhere (all the sheds/Screwfix/ToolsStation/TLC/City Elctrical
Factors/etc) no one has ever heard of them.

You didn't search Toolstation very well then...

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Elec...te/d190/sd3084
item code 13270.

I was on this very page yesterday, but it was very late...

Well embarrassed... Many thanks.

Sky knocked out by weather mike ring UK diy 12 December 31st 05 07:58 PM
Sky on all tv's Alec UK diy 7 August 8th 05 09:25 PM
Sky TV Mr Pounder Home Repair 17 November 19th 04 08:26 PM
Sky+ Steve Wilson UK diy 3 August 1st 03 09:25 AM