Mr Pounder

Default Sky TV

Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not working.
Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except that you cannot
adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........ works okay on the TV handset
though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Regards

Steve

Travis Jordan

Mr Pounder wrote:
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not working.
Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except that you
cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........ works okay on
the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working. Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except
that you cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........
works okay on the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

Mr Pounder

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Mr Pounder wrote:
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not working.
Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except that you
cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........ works okay on
the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

How & why?
The TV remote is fine; it is the Sky remote that will not adjust the volume
when using Sky.
Otherwise it works okay.

Cheers

Steve

Travis Jordan

Mr Pounder wrote:
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working. Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except
that you cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........
works okay on the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

How & why?
The TV remote is fine; it is the Sky remote that will not adjust the
volume when using Sky.
Otherwise it works okay.

I'll bet you had one of those VCR's that were blinking "12:00" all the time.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

Minnie Bannister

The remote that comes with a particular device may well be able to
operate other devices too but has to be "told" what that other device
is. Not all TVs use the same code for any specific purpose; not even all
TVs of the same make necessarily use the same code: e.g., the control
for our DirecTV may need any one of 4 different codes for a Panasonic
TV, depending on the model.

The instructions for your Sky TV receiver probably tell you how to
program the remote for a particular TV.

MB

On 11/16/04 02:42 pm Mr Pounder put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not working.
Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except that you
cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........ works okay on
the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

How & why?
The TV remote is fine; it is the Sky remote that will not adjust the volume
when using Sky.
Otherwise it works okay.

Mr Pounder

wrote in message

Mr Pounder wrote:
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working. Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except
that you cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........
works okay on the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

How & why?
The TV remote is fine; it is the Sky remote that will not adjust the
volume when using Sky.
Otherwise it works okay.

I'll bet you had one of those VCR's that were blinking "12:00" all the

time.

He put electrical tape over it!

BB

Don't you mean insulation tape Dickhead?

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder wrote:
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working. Changed batteries in handset and now all is okay except
that you cannot adjust the volume from the Sky handset ........
works okay on the TV handset though.
Batteries had been flat for about 19 hours.

I find this very strange ............... ideas anyone?

Reprogram the remote for your TV.

How & why?
The TV remote is fine; it is the Sky remote that will not adjust the
volume when using Sky.
Otherwise it works okay.

I'll bet you had one of those VCR's that were blinking "12:00" all the

time.

No, I didn't.
But thanks for the link.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

John Harlow

Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not working.

Remove wife, replace with model not subject to getting in a "real bad mood"
from something so trivial.

It must suck to be you.

Mr Pounder

"John Harlow" wrote in message
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not working.

Remove wife, replace with model not subject to getting in a "real bad

mood"
from something so trivial.

It must suck to be you.

Bet you suck better than I do.

John Harlow

Mr Pounder wrote:
"John Harlow" wrote in message
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working.

Remove wife, replace with model not subject to getting in a "real
bad mood" from something so trivial.

It must suck to be you.

Bet you suck better than I do.

Actually, it sounds like you are a perfect match. Enjoy.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder wrote:
"John Harlow" wrote in message
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working.

Remove wife, replace with model not subject to getting in a "real
bad mood" from something so trivial.

It must suck to be you.

Bet you suck better than I do.

Actually, it sounds like you are a perfect match. Enjoy.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Would you like to watch?

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder wrote:
"John Harlow" wrote in message
Arrived home from work & wife in a real bad mood; Sky was not
working.

Remove wife, replace with model not subject to getting in a "real
bad mood" from something so trivial.

It must suck to be you.

Bet you suck better than I do.

Actually, it sounds like you are a perfect match. Enjoy.

Never sucked but you sound like you know all about it.
Care to enlighten me?

Mr Pounder